Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aldermans ascent

Aldermans ascent

Hi all!

I just want to plug this race which is being held by Saddleworth Rangers Rugby League Club. Its a fundraiser for the youth teams so there are Junior Races held as well.

Its the second year of running and we also have a brand new club house to host from.

So, make a note in on your calendar for Thursday 6th July. Juniors start at 6.30 and seniors start at 7.30. More info via the link below.....

http://www.saddleworthrangers.co.uk/aldermans-ascent

Cheers everyone

Its now one month to go before the 2nd Aldermans Ascent. Its promising to be even bigger this year with a higher turn out for the Junior races. Senior race starts at 7.30pm with ample parking at the club house.

Juniors starts at 6.30 over near Binn Green Carpark on Holmfirth Road.

All prize givings will be held at the brand new club house with free soup and bread or hotdogs. Bar, of course, will be available.

Its all in aid of fundraising for the Junior Rugby teams so please come along! It's a tough little race... be warned!!

More info....

With just over 2 weeks to go, why not give Aldermans Ascent a go!

Entries go towards the Junior Rugby teams. We've got Junior Races and registration over at Binn Green Car Park starting at 6.30 and the Senior race starting at 7.30 on Churchill Playing Fields (Registration at the club House).

Everyone back to the new club House for the presentation where the kids have free hot dogs and the seniors have free soup and bread. More info on the website..http://www.saddleworthrangers.co.uk/aldermans-ascent

Please try and support! Cheers

Its only a week before the Aldermans Ascent, so if you are not tapering for Wasdale, bombing around Bull Hill, or doing anything less meaningfull, then get along to our 2nd ever Aldermans Ascent! And there's a BBQ!!

Thanks to all runners who turned up for Thursdays race. The weather was fantastic, although a tad too warm, and the atmosphere back at the club house after the races was great! We ended up with 98 juniors on the night and 63 seniors. Many many thanks for those who turned out. I'll post links to the results and photos soon. Provisional date for next years race is Thursday 5th July. See you all then!

I have just viewed some photographs of todays Alderman's Ascent fell race and some of them show runners who have stopped and posed to have their photographs taken.

Why someone would pay to enter a "race" and then do such a thing is beyond me!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Anyone jumping up and clicking their heels together should be immediately dq'd in my opinion.... (or preferably machine-gunned down as they cross the finish line)

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    I have just viewed some photographs of todays Alderman's Ascent fell race and some of them show runners who have stopped and posed to have their photographs taken.

Well not everybody is a "pot hunter" you know!

For some people the pleasure is sharing the sense of camaraderie, embracing the joy of sport, taking in the views and smelling the flowers.

Or so I've been told.

Can't understand that twaddle myself - but what do I know?
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post

Where did you see the pics?
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Anyone jumping up and clicking their heels together should be immediately dq'd in my opinion.... (or preferably machine-gunned down as they cross the finish line)
    Even giving a thumbs up is a bit infa dig in my humble opinion. Smacks of mud/paint run; very non U as Ms Mitford would say.