Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Shutlingsloe fell race

Re: Shutlinsloe

We'll be there. Its a lovely little race.
    I'm helping out with the U16/U18 race, then hopefully get a run in the senior race.
    "And the winds blow and the sky looks cool / So I make my home in the clouds"

By the way, for anyone who's doing or who's children are doing the U16/U18 race, the description on http://www.wildboarclough.co.uk is misleading.
    Its actually one and a half laps of the U8 course before setting off on the open course (1 ascent), not 2 laps (2 ascents) as it says in the description.

I'm doing the Leyland 10 tomorrow, so I'm there to support in the Jnr FRA races, but might be tempted to have a potter if I feel alright.

Nice and breezy out today wasn't it?!

I ducked out of running it but took some photos which anyone is welcome to download if you want them, at:

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/marcus...utlingsloeRace

Thanks JL - you managed to get me on one of them - For such a short race, it sure is a toughy.

As you came of the top, you felt like you could have taken off, the wind was unbelievable - my cheeks were wobbling in the wind like you see with a freefall parachutist - facial cheeks just in case any of you jokers out there get the wrong picture

and the uphill finish draws out the last dregs of energy.

Wow a picture of me overtaking someone!

Great race, suprisingly tough.

Was going to stay for prize giving but problems with junior results and the power cut strung it out a bit. Bit short of brownie points at home with this being a last minute decision by daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by wycoller View Post
    Wow a picture of me overtaking someone!
    And a picture of me being overtaken

Quote Originally Posted by wycoller View Post
    Was going to stay for prize giving but problems with junior results and the power cut strung it out a bit. Bit short of brownie points at home with this being a last minute decision by daughter.
    Look like I missed the fun. But I'm not surprised there were problems with the results.
    I was stood on the wall above the finish line as the U12/U14 race was finishing. Where was the finish line? - athletes were stopping as they reached the funnel and Sally Searson in the U12 was never passed at all even in the funnel, yet the recorders gave the nod to the other girl in the finish.

Fantastic race :-)

This time I managed to hold my nerve and not overdo it on the climb, leaving me fresh for that fantastic descent and gruelling final climb.

Next year I guess I'll have to vault the stile like Simon!

You missed me in all the photos though :-( >sniff<

Nice to see a few people yesterday. Bit frustrating being a spectator as I really used to like this race. Sliding on your backside down the bluebell slope into the river is fairly unique!

Oh well, at least half my genes were running round one of the junior courses! The mini macc ladd looks a much better prospect than I ever was. He came second in the U10 class. Funny thing is we invited a friend of his to come from our village, and he came first!

Not sure why people were confused about the finish, the timekeepers were taking times across the entry to the funnel which is normal. Maybe the girls swapped places in the tunnel as the numbers were then taken further down it as usual - all in a few yards though as it was a short tunnel. In one race someone just stopped before the tunnel? The traditional finish for the senior race is to touch the wall and I think the organisers wanted to keep it in the same spirit.

It didn't help having some of the junior races with mixed classes U12/14 running at the same time on the same course, but with a number set for each class meant there were duplicate numbers in each race!

PS - Joe - I had a couple of piccies of you finishing, but they weren't very pretty! Best left where they are...