Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Today's new bike :)

Re: Todays new bike :)

Ohhhhhhhh NICE

We must go for a ride soon, once it stops raining, so I can admire it in all its glory!

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    Picked up my new Scott today. Yes, I know it has cheapo pedals at the mo...just have not had chance to fit the spd's yet. And I ain't taking it out in all this nasty rain!!!!!
    Attachment 6038
    “the cause of my pain, was the cause of my cure” Rumi

I have a nice wicker basket that will go on the front that will fit the tortoises nicely

Quote Originally Posted by molehill View Post
    Not another "Steambunny Divorceobike" I hope :w00t:?

Missus is thinking of getting a bike, but hers will be strictly for gentle peddling with a basket on the front - probably to take tortoises out for a picnic .

Quote Originally Posted by Hanneke View Post
    I have a nice wicker basket that will go on the front that will fit the tortoises nicely
    She doesn't need encouraging - ruddy animals are living in front of the sitting room woddburner at the moment (rain and cold outside), driving me potty marching around the house!
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Erm, being as it is only 25% of the cost of true divorcocycle, is not italian and was bought with full disclosure to SWMBO, I truely hope not!

I wonder if Mrs Toffer knows the difference between a Colnago and a Pinarello yet? Being as he still has his nadgers (alledgedly), I guess not!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Thankfully, I don't have that problem... as Mr H seems to be equally excited about my new bike as I am... Besides, he has quite a few of his own. In fact, he cleverly hasn't revealed how many he has exactly... Not that I mind how many he has or how many new ones he might aquire, as long as he is happy

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    Erm, being as it is only 25% of the cost of true divorcocycle, is not italian and was bought with full disclosure to SWMBO, I truely hope not!

I wonder if Mrs Toffer knows the difference between a Colnago and a Pinarello yet? Being as he still has his nadgers (alledgedly), I guess not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hanneke View Post
    On first impressions it is faster than the Kona, but strangely enough, it doesn't feel it... I am going to have to do a like for like comparison next, do one lap on the Qoroz, then another on the Kona and Garmin it and compare. It certainly rolls beautifully and fast over stuff. I could ride up a steep ascent much further than I can on the Kona... and it flies downhill ...
    Having had a 29er a couple of years back (only sold it as I like jumping off/over things too much) that's how I felt on it too. Didn't think i was going that fast until i'd ridden up something (on a singlespeed) that i previously struggled with using gears, or cruised along and left folks behind.

Hmmmm... Maybe I don't need a main bike swap, just another 29er rather than the jump bike, 4x bike or singlespeed..... The road bike and mountain bike are staying!

Paul, have a look at Qoroz... for £250 extra you can have a custom made frame... that includes a proper bike fitting... well worth it if you go Ti, as with a proper fit, you have a bike for life!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulE View Post
    Having had a 29er a couple of years back (only sold it as I like jumping off/over things too much) that's how I felt on it too. Didn't think i was going that fast until i'd ridden up something (on a singlespeed) that i previously struggled with using gears, or cruised along and left folks behind.

Hmmmm... Maybe I don't need a main bike swap, just another 29er rather than the jump bike, 4x bike or singlespeed..... The road bike and mountain bike are staying!

went out the other day just for 12 miles to try out my new disc wheel and Zipp 404 front wheel. very impressed. just a shame my legs dont do them justice. back into hard bike training as soon as 3 peaks race done this weekend

Missus is thinking of getting a bike, but hers will be strictly for gentle peddling with a basket on the front - probably to take tortoises out for a picnic .
    Matt, what is Jane's recipe for preparing tortoises for a picnic? Will it be on the menu at road x's for Caz's Meiri?
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

Lol :d

Quote Originally Posted by wheezing donkey View Post
    matt, what is jane's recipe for preparing tortoises for a picnic? Will it be on the menu at road x's for caz's meiri?