Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 30 at 30?

Re: 30 at 30?

Aircraft wrecks amd stones. I think it wqs Rob Cole talking about it this time last year, after the Way out West race

I did 20 @ 20 last year using the wainwrights round the north lakes, (catbells, causey pike, grisedale pike etc) so maybe you can think about extending round there. Good set of hills and a brilliant day out!
    24 cans in a crate, 24 hours in a day, sounds about right!

Heres what i did: Catbells, Maiden Moor, High Spy, Dalehead, Hindscarth, Robinson, Knott Rigg, Whiteless Pike, Wandope, Sail, Ard Crags, Eel Crag, Grasmoor, Scar Crags, Causey Pike, Whiteside, Hopegill Head, Barrow, Grisedale Pike and Outerside. (Not in that order) There was a couple of times where i had to go back on myself but i just sucked it in.

Quote Originally Posted by The Helm Hill Hare View Post
    Heres what i did: Catbells, Maiden Moor, High Spy, Dalehead, Hindscarth, Robinson, Knott Rigg, Whiteless Pike, Wandope, Sail, Ard Crags, Eel Crag, Grasmoor, Scar Crags, Causey Pike, Whiteside, Hopegill Head, Barrow, Grisedale Pike and Outerside. (Not in that order) There was a couple of times where i had to go back on myself but i just sucked it in.
    Cheers HHH. Where did you start from?
    Decisions, decisions...

Started in the small village of Stair nr Braithwaite where the Causey Pike race starts. First hill went up was Catbells; finished the course on Barrow so it wasn't miles to get back to the car. I'm sure you'll be able to get 30 hills round there.

I think Stair is an excellent starting point the fells round there are compact, beautiful and abundant!

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo Dan View Post
    I think Stair is an excellent starting point the fells round there are compact, beautiful and abundant!
    Will look at it with my own four eyes and two feet - heading into the Lakes at sunrise 5th June. Interesting to see how may BG attempts I bump into, especially if the heat lasts...

Quote Originally Posted by Howgill Tarrier View Post
    Will look at it with my own four eyes and two feet - heading into the Lakes at sunrise 5th June. Interesting to see how may BG attempts I bump into, especially if the heat lasts...
    I was chatting to someone yesterday about the old Buttermere Horseshoe race (not to be confused with Sailbeck) apparently it was around 20 miles and 8000ft - I'll post to see if anyone's got an old map it might make the good foundation of a 30 at 30....

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo Dan View Post
    I was chatting to someone yesterday about the old Buttermere Horseshoe race (not to be confused with Sailbeck) apparently it was around 20 miles and 8000ft - I'll post to see if anyone's got an old map it might make the good foundation of a 30 at 30....
    Cheers DD