Thread: Paddy Buckley attempt-June 8&9

Paddy Buckley attempt-June 8&9

Hi all

I am having a shot at the Paddy Buckley, starting in the evening of Friday 8 June. Exact time and starting place to be confirmed. Looking for a 23:30 round.

If you'd like to be a pacer then do just shout ! It should be a great night and day out. :thumbup: Please PM me if you are keen or my email is [email protected].

Cheers,

Pete
    Be what you wanna be !

Re: Paddy Buckley attempt-June

Hi all

If anyone fancies a run on a leg of the PB this Friday and Saturday, I am starting from Llanberis at 630pm on Friday evening on a 23.59 (:-)) schedule.

Just PM me or send me an email at [email protected].

Cheers,

Pete
    Be what you wanna be !

Hi Pete,

All the best this weekend. Den and I so wanted to be there, but we are supporting a BG. "typical"

Listen - guys and girls, if you know me, then you will know I wouldnt say this lightly.

Please get out and support pete if you can. Not only is he a top guy and top fell runner, he also has to do his training runing up and down tower blocks in Singapore where he makes his livining. He is a real top guy and has a love of our mountains. He deserves our help in getting him round the paddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Moorlander View Post
    Hi Pete,

All the best this weekend. Den and I so wanted to be there, but we are supporting a BG. "typical"

Listen - guys and girls, if you know me, then you will know I wouldnt say this lightly.

Please get out and support pete if you can. Not only is he a top guy and top fell runner, he also has to do his training runing up and down tower blocks in Singapore where he makes his livining. He is a real top guy and has a love of our mountains. He deserves our help in getting him round the paddy.
    I'd've possibly been able to help... on a weekend that didn't clash with Welsh 1000m - DOH!

Good Luck to Pete in his attempt though - hope it works out OK
    Scramble the rock face through the glare of morning sun — to run

We have moved the start time for my PB to 10am on Saturday, given the weather forecast for today, leaving from Capel Curig. Do shout if you fancy a run around in Snowdonia :thumbup: - the weather should be ok apparently. Cheers.
    Be what you wanna be !

I haven't seen a report from Pete and hope he forgives me for posting before him.

In an epic round Pete completed his PBR in 27hrs 8mins. Fantastic effort for anyone especially someone who has had to do most of his training up staircases and the 100m hill in Singapore.

Proud to have been part of it

Hopefully picture of him bagging Y Garn below

Attachment 6155

Brilliant effort Pete. I was in the Lakes supporting on a friends PB. It was exciting stuff in poor conditions. I am going to have a crack at Paddy later this month on the 30th. I have no illusions about how hard it is. I have not been going up and down stairs like you!!

What an effort! Awesome work. Was contemplating a bash myself in July, but after the LAMM this weekend I wonder if I've recovered properly yet from the BG. My feet in particular are mashed!

Good luck for your attempt, Dawsy.
    Geoff Clarke

Well done Peter and good luck to Dawsy.
    Hills and Guinness!

Thanks all for the comments - very kind. Fast or slow, it's simply so great to be out on the hills with others of the same view. Very possibly, I will have another crack at a sub 24 hr Paddy as and when I am living in the UK again:thumbup:
    Be what you wanna be !