Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Welsh 1000s Race

Re: Welsh 1000mtrs

Quote Originally Posted by Fellrunner View Post
    BTW was Iain R drug tested ?
    That was a comment from a previous thread, but I think that Fellrunner might be on to something!

Iain has turned into a monster this year. He won the Carneddau race last week and came home third today, beaten only by the excellent Tim Davies and the legend that is Colin Donnelly.

Iain what are you on and where can I get some of it? Well done.

Cheers, Been fending of such allegations all night from club mates...:-)

Knocked off 30 minutes from last year so happy with that.

Very hard race, made especially so as it was a competitive run throughout, always people to chase down or keep ahead of, good conditions for running after we got through the clag of the Carneddau.

CD's awesome, 10 wins in the 1000m peaks race now. Superb.

Yes well done, Colin, Iain and everybody else who made it to the finish. I stuggled badly, being pants at climbing I found the initial climb particularly hard although I was pretty happy with my line as far as FG at which point I went around to the left but strayed a bit wide in the cloud and wasted a bit of time getting back on the main path to CL, although it is was nice to get a bit of flattish ground to run on. CL to CD was fine although at this point my feet were really starting to hurt, they had a soaking early on and the rough ground felt like they had blistered badly, and I was feeling every stone though the soles of my Mudclaws. Having spotted the "wall" on the way to CD I was confident on locating it on the way back down but left the path too early and ended up having to some serious down scrambling over the end of Creigiau Malwod, at which point I decided to just hit the bottom wall and follow it to the CP. My feet were burning with every step down to the main road CP and not wanting to risk another "pringle" incident like last year, I decided to call it a day.

As I was waiting for the Sherpa in Capel Curig, two rather despondent looking runners appeared and enquired about the bus. It seems they were from Wiltshire and had set off from Llanberis at 5.00am on a PBR attempt. They had called it a day at Capel after having dropped a lot of time on their first two sections.

They've changed the bloody results!

I'm now down as 4:00:04!

Thing is Tim Davies, my own watch, and the marshall at the summit all said I was sub 4, I was sure I was 3:58 ish, 59 max. They've added 3 minutes 24 seconds to the results.

More gutting is it took me 2 attempts to dib at the summit..

It said on the website that there was a three minute error in the provisional results that needed to be corrected. Could this error be connected to a discussion I heard over the radio as I was passing checkpoint G? One of the marshals there was talking about how results had been deleted. Or maybe I was just delirious...

I see that the results including split times are up on the Gorphwysfa website now: http://www.gorphwysfaclub.org.uk/

Iain,

Agree results are definitely still a couple of mins out. I was originally placed two mins faster than watch time - now given as two mins slower...

Simon

Yeah, Jackie Lee reckoned she was a minute faster than originally stated, and they are now 3 minutes slower, so she's lost 4 minutes too.

Almost everyone I've spoken too reckoned they were at the original time.

I want my sub 4 1000m back! :-)

Anyway I saved the old results so they are what I'm going off..

Welsh 1000 Metre Peaks race

I had a strange urge to do this and i've just posted my entry,looking at the map there seems to be a bit of route choice,can anyone tell me the way most people go from Aber to Ogwen and then from Ogwen to Pen y Pass,going to have a recce in a few weeks and would like to know which lines to have a look at

Thanks
    Fleeter

FellMonster

Re: Welsh 1000 Metre Peaks rac

I imagine that from Ogwen to Pen Y pass, will be a case of taking the heather terrace path (or the slightly lower one rather) up the side of Tryfan and then straight up across and down the other side.....you should ask our welsh cousins such as Iain R, or even the Master who knows a lot about this area