Thread: Cuillin Round

Cuillin Round

Hi folks

Does anybody (YDT, Rob Woodall!) please have a list of tops for the Cuillin Round? Ambitions for a Rigby attempt are diminishing, although in recompense the skiing off the back of Cairngorm last Sunday was excellent. If you have any tips which might be helpful I'd be very grateful. I have done the ridge before, but we did the climbs, so I'm not sure of the runners' short cuts, and I'm not going to have a lot of (any?) time for recceing.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Cuillin Round

I'm fairly sure, tho' no expert, that the Ridge Traverse is all the Munro's so a list is easily available on 'google' or any munro book. I've no tips for short cuts, though would be surprised if there are that many! Good luck with, I've always fancied doing it, but would need a guide...maybe one day! Enjoy!
    I M Povey New Marske Harriers
    http://manwithoutashed.blogspot.com

If only it were that simple! Knowing (by reputation) the perpetrators, I'm sure some others have crept in. I'm guessing at least Munros and tops.

Quote Originally Posted by dmhigg View Post
    Hi folks

Does anybody (YDT, Rob Woodall!) please have a list of tops for the Cuillin Round? Ambitions for a Rigby attempt are diminishing, although in recompense the skiing off the back of Cairngorm last Sunday was excellent. If you have any tips which might be helpful I'd be very grateful. I have done the ridge before, but we did the climbs, so I'm not sure of the runners' short cuts, and I'm not going to have a lot of (any?) time for recceing.

Thanks in advance.
    dmhigg,
    Send me a private message with your email address and I will send information.
    You are talking about the most special of all sub-24 hour challenges. Although shorter in distance than most, it is equally demanding and needs a good head for heights.
    Yiannis

Quote Originally Posted by dmhigg View Post
    Hi folks

Thanks in advance.
    Don't forget the full round includes the Red Cuillins.

Well aware! I'm considering a sneaky Eastern start, with Belig as the first hill. This is also pushing Marsco to be next after Sgurr na h-Uamha. I am, however, understandably less concerned by this section.....