Thread: Inov-8 sacks-womens issues

Inov-8 sacks-womens issues

I tried on one of the new Inov-8 racing rucksacks yesterday. Nice enough sack, apart from one fatal flaw: if you're a woman, the two straps come right over a rather sensitive part of one's lungs, as it were...

Is this a version of "hair shirt and birch twigs" for the female mountain marathoner? Is the pain of running miles over bleak and trackless fellside not enough?

Any ideas on what Inov-8 were thinking?

Bleeding nipples fitted as standard?

Re: Inov-8 sacks-womens issues

You could alway try these

But on a serious note, my wife has been struggling to find a sack that fits her well enough to wear for a long period of time. Most straps as you say, are in the wrong place or the back is too long. The only thing she has ever been happy with is a woman-specific camelbak, which is fine unless you want to carry anymore than a mars bar. If you find the answer let us know...it would save us hours going from shop to shop while she tries everything to find something that might fit.

I'm pretty happy with the Northface dogfish. It's a mans fit as oppose to the womens specific version (can't remember it's name but it's not dogfish!)

It does have the chest strap (I did want a sack that had one) but comes high enough up and no 'squashing' as a consequence!

It's a 2litre sac and ample room for more than just your lippie and a marsbar

The longest distance I've raced with it is a 5 hour off road marathon and a I also wore it all day(!) on the last Borrowdale recce and have had no problems at all with it comfort wise or other and on the whole pretty chuffed

Hmm, interesting...

Tried on a lot of packs yesterday specifically for mountain marathons, so at the light end of the stick, and with plenty of those jelly baby pockets that seem to be very important...

Berghaus 64zero came across as a great sack if squashing loads tight was a priority- nice compression system. A little long in the back for me (I'm 5 foot 3, just) and not quite as good a waistbelt feel as what I ended up buying, which was:

the OMM classic marathon 25L, principally on basis of weight and overall pack fit. It also has plenty of jelly baby room. And hopefully, no nipple guards necessary...

Have also used Camelbacks for less taxing runs, like down to Sydney harbour for a swim, that sort of thing.

Moobs can sometimes bleed too!

My wife has been using the OMM 10l and has used my OMM 30l on occasion with no problems.

I am really impressed with the OMM kit, the only downside is the 'his & hers' look when we are out on the hills