Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cader Idris race kit warning!!

Cader Idris race kit warning!!

Just a early warning.

The race commite had a meeting last night and have decided to seriously clamp down on race kit this year and kit will be strictly checked at the start line funell and no exceptions will be made. No kit........No race!!!

bum bag
    map whistle compass
    hat gloves
    wind/water proof jacket & trousers/full body cover.

just passing the message on.

thanks

Re: Cader Idris race kit warni

Quote Originally Posted by gafrymynydd View Post
    Just a early warning.

The race commite had a meeting last night and have decided to seriously clamp down on race kit this year and kit will be strictly checked at the start line funell and no exceptions will be made. No kit........No race!!!

bum bag
    map whistle compass
    hat gloves
    wind/water proof jacket & trousers/full body cover.

just passing the message on.

thanks
    What do you know about cader and the area?! I hope someone with sense will put useful comments on!

They're usually quite keen on race kit checks at this race every year, they pulled a couple of runners out of the race last year or was it the year before for not having the correct kit. I think if they state that you should carry the correct kit then it's important to check that everyone does for the sake of fairness. I'd hate to think that I've carried the full kit whilst others have not!
    Well done Gafr for giving runners the heads up though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ady View Post
    They're usually quite keen on race kit checks at this race every year, they pulled a couple of runners out of the race last year or was it the year before for not having the correct kit. I think if they state that you should carry the correct kit then it's important to check that everyone does for the sake of fairness. I'd hate to think that I've carried the full kit whilst others have not!
    Well done Gafr for giving runners the heads up though.
    Runners shouldn't need the heads up, rules are quite clear and there for a reason. Sale couldn't manage to carry the correct kit on the Calderdale last weekend and paid the price. I'm sure their leg 5 runners are very popular with the other 10 just now.

No probs giving the heads up.

Dont want to make it sound serious, it's just a clampdown by the Wfra i think. Since Cader is a counter in the N.wales series, I think a lot of runners that do their (wfra) races might turn up without kit, saying that it's the wfra that govern any fell race in wales anyway.

Saying all this though if the weather is a scorcher and no forecast of rain/wind, they MIGHT relax the rules at their discression.

What i was told, if anyone turns up with some tiny Triathlon belt type of thing that only hold a few gels, you will get pulled then get sent back the way you came!!!! ;-)

At the 3 peaks this year there was a lady on the tanoy talking for about an hour before race start about various things and every 5 minutes she was stressing the importance of carrying your full kit, after hearing it 20 times in an hour i suppose there was no excuse :-)

Please turn up with your full kit and a call will be made soon enough before race start about what should be carried, weather pending.

Quote Originally Posted by T'owd lad View Post
    Runners shouldn't need the heads up, rules are quite clear and there for a reason. Sale couldn't manage to carry the correct kit on the Calderdale last weekend and paid the price. I'm sure their leg 5 runners are very popular with the other 10 just now.
    TBF it can seem a tad confusing in Wales.. Snowdon 10 miles, 3000ft ascent.. no kit needed.. Cader 11 miles, 3000ft ascent.. kit needed.. due to who insures the race etc.. so I can understand some confusion.. as always just take various kit along and see what they want.. Anyway think its fair enough for Gafr to pass on the message..

I'm now considering a return to fell running.. after my retirement due to injury, I've since ran Moel Eilio and my foot seemed OK.. I'm now just shit at descending due to not being in the hills for 6 months rather than a foot injury.. anyway may do Cader.. will see.. It's all a bit Scholsey..

Quote Originally Posted by T'owd lad View Post
    You should have been at Fairfield last weekend, kit check was pretty interesting!

It's amazing the folk who think they shouldn't have to comply with the rules!
    Why walk when you can run.

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    TBF it can seem a tad confusing in Wales.. Snowdon 10 miles, 3000ft ascent.. no kit needed.. Cader 11 miles, 3000ft ascent.. kit needed.. due to who insures the race etc.. so I can understand some confusion.. as always just take various kit along and see what they want.. Anyway think its fair enough for Gafr to pass on the message..

I'm now considering a return to fell running.. after my retirement due to injury, I've since ran Moel Eilio and my foot seemed OK.. I'm now just shit at descending due to not being in the hills for 6 months rather than a foot injury.. anyway may do Cader.. will see.. It's all a bit Scholsey..
    It's a year for comeback's Iain...Alun last week on Eilio...you @ Cader :-)

as for the thread..I've been carrying a full backpack for my training around the lakes...not for the fun of carrying weight - but to make sure I get home safe in the event of something going wrong...things can go wrong in a race...last weekend was doing a reccie of OCT and my running partner had a fall - nothing serious - but it did slow his down to a hobble..so he put extra layers on and made his way to a meeting point.

Do footballer's turn up to a football game without kit? NO! So why should we? (not footie kits of course)

Quote Originally Posted by theNoor View Post
    You should have been at Fairfield last weekend, kit check was pretty interesting!

It's amazing the folk who think they shouldn't have to comply with the rules!
    I read on the Fairfield Thread that a runner had a go at you during the kit check. Pretty incredible considering what's on the front page of the FRA website.

Maybe we should start a Today's W*nker thread and start with that fool's name.

I don't know why people grumble about having to carry what they perceive as being excess kit, its not like the majprity of us are olympic athletes where carrying an additional 200 grams (or otherwise) of kit will make a significant differnece to our performance.

Its for your own saftey after all.