Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Inov8 mudclaw 300

Master

Re: Inov8 mudclaw 300

Tried on a pair of 300s today - very comfortable, totally different from the 333s in feel in that they are obviously lower at the heel. I need at least half a size smaller than they had - clearly there is considerable variation in size with Inov8s - I have needed from 8 to 9.5 in various different shoes.

Just checking to see if your left heal problem is the same as mine. I seemed to be wearing the left shoe on the inside of the heel when I normally wear the outside. It is so bad on the road that I can feel the whole heel collapsing inwards and pushing the heel cup inwards. I had to walk down a road today after running off a hill. Almost feels as if the sole has been glued on incorrectly and misaligned with the uppers

i thought this was just me with the 300 can i hell run on road with them i prefer my speedcross on road
    Last edited by vespa; 10-06-2013 at 05:22 PM.

Master

No heel problems with the 300s for me - I did not even bother steaming the heels as they felt so good. I do wear 2 thin pairs of socks with them as I do with most shoes these days, and I push my foot into the shoe as far as it will go, rather than banging my heel up against the back of the shoe. There was initially some pressure on one of my little toes, but stretching it by leaving a squished up ball of paper in has solved that.

Quote Originally Posted by vespa View Post
    i thought this was just me with the 300 can i hell run on road with them i prefer my speedcross on road
    Is the heel collapsing inwards ? When I put my foot down the left heel pushes inwards causing the heel cup to distort a lot and the inside of the outer sole to wear. Al my other shoes wear on the outside

yes as you say the left more noticeable but happens both heels this also causes blisters round the achilles area on the left ive had mine quite a while now so i was putting it also down to usage not for the heel cup as never been able to run on road with or even hard packed trail as in old train line to keswick but( cant complain aout grip) no such probs with speedcross on but i cant win with salomon as these kick out on the upper mesh above little toe same place as asics road trainers

I'm about 100 miles in with my pair of 300s and generally happy with them. I had some initial problems with the back of the heel rubbing, but I seem to have solved this with a combo of steaming and a strip of gaffa tape inside the heel, thanks to suggestions from here.
    But I'm now having trouble with the side of my left heel - the top edge of the shoe is rubbing my foot under the knobbly bit of my ankle bone.
    Does anyone have any suggestions to solve this? Is steaming the side of the heel also worth a try? I've seen mention of using 6mm footbeds to raise the foot in the shoe, but according to the inov8 website these are fitted as standard anyway .
    Ta for any ideas...
    The only workout you'll ever regret is the one you didn't do.

Quote Originally Posted by richsund View Post
    But I'm now having trouble with the side of my left heel - the top edge of the shoe is rubbing my foot under the knobbly bit of my ankle bone.
    Does anyone have any suggestions to solve this? Is steaming the side of the heel also worth a try? I've seen mention of using 6mm footbeds to raise the foot in the shoe, but according to the inov8 website these are fitted as standard anyway .
    Ta for any ideas...
    I have the same problem - wore them on last years OMM on the Howgills and trashed both sides of both ankles. This was with thicker footbeds. Same with running partner who also has given up on them.
    Now only wear them for shorter runs.
    *333's didn't do this. They were my faves!

Mine seem to have settled down now, it seems the shoes and my feet just needed a few miles to get used to each other! The steaming and taping definitely helped though. I've spoken to a couple of other people who have them, it seems to be pot luck, some have had niggles and some have been ok with them straight out of the box. I think they're perhaps a bit unforgiving because the uppers aren't particularly padded.
    It's a bit annoying to have to endure a breaking in period, but overall I'm happy enough with them that I'll buy another pair when the time comes. Brilliant grip on the really muddy stuff, I like the stability and 'just enough' cushioning. Over 300 miles on mine now, and they're holding up well.
    The only workout you'll ever regret is the one you didn't do.

Love my 300's. I think theyre the best Mudclaws yet. No issues with blisters or foot shredding or toppling. Have heard good things about the 265s though... when the yellows disintegrate I might be tempted into a pair of those.

http://testedtodestruction.blogspot....00-review.html