Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fell Running Clubs N Wales

Re: Fell Running Clubs N Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    and then it can get very complicated
    hehe - indeed! I'm confused already!
    But seriously, thanks again for the advice; I've never tried cross-country but am interested in having a go, otherwise its fell running for me. I leave the roads for when I'm on my bike.

This is not much help to you but joining Pennine was one of the best things I done. It has really improved my running. The comment about solo running and safety is very true for me as well. It just so happens that Pennine will be decending on mass in North Wales this weekend for the Carneddau race as it is part of the internal club championship. This is taken very seriously within the club. We just have the one official session a week but there would be a number of weekends away and particular races such as Jura are unoffical weekends away. Iains comments have a lot of merit. It is by doing loads of races that you start to really get to know your fellow club members.

I live in Rossett near Wrexham and run for Tattenhall, just over the border. We're small but perfectly formed and have strong fell running contingent. I won't shamelessly plug it on here but if you want to know more, PM me. My very average ass made it round the BGR thanks to the good people in this club

Quote Originally Posted by sphide View Post
    Cader Idris 2012 was my 8th fell race and I'm wondering if I'd benefit now from the experience and training etc that I'd have access to if I joined a local club. I've got plenty of room for improvement!
    I live in Wrexham, N. Wales and I know of Wrecsam Tri and Wrexham Athletics clubs but was wondering if there are any fell running specific clubs in the area?
    Also what are peoples thoughts on the advantages/disadvantages of joining a club?
    Thanks!

Ok thanks again all for the advice!
    I've had a look at both the Clwydian Range Runners and Tattenhall Runners club web sites and would like to go along to both on a training night and take it from there!

Contrary to my previous post(s) in this thread, I've just signed the dotted line with Wrexham Athletic Club; had a great training run with them, nice bunch of folks, they're local to me and was finally swayed by a "roadie" mate who also took the plunge and signed up with them.
    So I think Snowdon will be the last outing for the beans vest (sob!)