Thread: Moorwatch

Moorwatch

No, it's not a new BBC programme, but a South Pennines scheme to "Help the police and local authorities keep an eye on the moors. Keeping a look out for anti-social behaviour such as fly-tipping or illegal off-roading can really help". Between us we probably cover more of the area more often than any of the official agencies, so we can be "eyes and ears" and get problems like dumped rubbish sorted sooner rather than later. I know from my contacts with Bury Council and the National Trust locally that they do respond positively.

http://www.moorwatch.com/

Re: Moorwatch

Looks a very worthwhile initiative and good to see they've included Baildon & Rombalds (Ilkley/Burley/Bingley) Moors in the areas covered.

Great stuff, I'll try and remember to call next time I see some jerk off roading over the moors.
    I wouldn't mind but they have to use the road to get to the moor and my suspicion is they aren't taxed or insured! (How old do I sound, I'm only 33 and I sound like my dad)

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme78 View Post
    Great stuff, I'll try and remember to call next time I see some jerk off roading over the moors.
    I wouldn't mind but they have to use the road to get to the moor and my suspicion is they aren't taxed or insured! (How old do I sound, I'm only 33 and I sound like my dad)
    That's surely the age to be concerned. Who wants to be crippled for life, at 33 years of age, by an uninsured idiot?
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

Very true, I'd hate not be able to mess around with the kids, take the dog out that kind of thing.

I have tried registering but the website just hangs after I have entered the anti-spam words and pressed enter ?

Same here.