Thread: Mortons Neuroma

Mortons Neuroma

Anyone had this?

Think this could be my foot issue, physio suspects so and on his advice the pain is already easing...

Basically I'll need to tape, or use an sole insert, lots of massages, icing and careful choice of shoes..

If you had it how long did it take to calm down and be pain free? weeks or months? Did you need surgery on the nerves or did the above options work? Does it go totally away or always sort of there?

Did you keep running through it?

Cheers

Re: Mortons Neuroma

Got a friend who has it, he's been struggling on with it for a while, but its severely curtailed his running. To be fair, he was just continuing to run on it when it hurt and didnt bother going to get it diagnosed/ treated for about a year.
    How long have you had it for? The quicker you get it looked at/sorted the easier it will be to clear up. (allegedly)

Quote Originally Posted by zephr View Post
    Got a friend who has it, he's been struggling on with it for a while, but its severely curtailed his running. To be fair, he was just continuing to run on it when it hurt and didnt bother going to get it diagnosed/ treated for about a year.
    How long have you had it for? The quicker you get it looked at/sorted the easier it will be to clear up. (allegedly)
    probably since April, but I've had tendonitis in my feet, plantar f for two years and tendonopathy? so its all connected.. so I've now decided to try to do something about it.. my first 5 yards out of bed in the morning aren't rapid..

well, if we can just make the next 20 miles after that not too rapid, I might just have a chance of beating you in the trog next week.

This might help http://www.thebarnclinic.co.uk/ Robin is based in Sheffield and he is so knowledgeable on this subject.
    Click on the Mortons Neuroma link on the left hand side :-)