Thread: Gritstone Rash!

Gritstone Rash!

I managed to pile in not once but twice at the Edale Country Fair on Sunday. Sliding down a gritstone slab left me with a load of neat parallel scars down the right side of me; the second fall I managed to roll out of with just a single scar on my left elbow.

Anyway once back at the Country Fair I headed round to the St John Ambulance who cleaned out all of the grit; they were well geared up for it with water sprays and gauze etc, just as well because by the time I left there were anothe half dozen abraded runners queueing up for treatment.

So a big thanks from me to SJA, I have contacted them direct and made a donation - anyone else who is in a similar position, or who just appreciates having the SJA around as an insurance policy, donations can be made really easily through the main SJA website or just giving (haven't posted links as don't know what links policy is here).

IDP before you post, please be assured that the gritstone slab was not seriously damaged by me falling on it!

S

Re: Gritstone Rash!

Quote Originally Posted by stevers View Post
    IDP before you post, please be assured that the gritstone slab was not seriously damaged by me falling on it!

S
    ...not seriously implies some damage...I'm shocked... you at the BG weekend? I'm working

Re: Gritstone Rash!

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    ...not seriously implies some damage...I'm shocked... you at the BG weekend? I'm working
    Oh yeah, judging by the amount of grit SJA extracted from the scars, the slab must have taken some damage...just not as much as me!

I'm Leg 2ing it then bus driver as usual this weekend.