Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bosley

Re: Bosley

Yep,good pics thanks.You picked a good position.Apart from it being ideal for catching runners' bald-spots!Well,mine anyway...

Good pics. & .... I was running :thumbup:

Cheers Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by Tindersticks View Post
    Cheers Tim.
    Good to see you in our neck of the woods mate.

I woke up this morning feeling shite, after too many beers last night,so I decided not to do the now named Peter Brinsley Bosley Fete Fell Race. At midday I cooked a full english and by 12.45, now feeling much better I thought, what time does it start? A quick look told me 3.15. Yes!

A quick change, chucked some gear in the car, and over the hills it was, arriving at the Bosley Fete 45 mins later, despite 5 minutes of the heaviest rain I have driven in for sometime, slowing me down. I had expected the car parking field to be sodden but the rain had just missed Bosley and it was as dry as a bone.

Registration complete, a couple of visits to the porta loo's and I was ready for off. A low turnout of just over 40 runners set off from the Fete field but due to works there was not the usual access to the path around the reservoir. Instead it was two more rough, rutted and recently mown fields, parallel to the original route, which we then picked up at the dam wall. Across the wall, with a strong sidewind, before the climbing started, firstly on tracks, a couple of fields and then woods before some lovely open hillside.

A drop down the other side, more fields and then a short sharp pull to the top of the hill. A lovely fast descent through a tussocky plantation, a short section of woodland and then a ditch/bog which was not quite jumpable. The girl in front of me went in up to her waist but, picking another line, I got away with knee deep. A steep bank, then a grassy ridge to where we picked up the outward route back across the dam, now into a headwind, and over the fields to the finish.

An enjoyable little village, EOD, race of 4.5 miles and 739 feet. I was 9th O/A and 1st M60 in 38.38 just 40 seconds slower than my 2019 time. A Matlock AC pal who finished behind me came in covered up to his chest in now dry black mud and he stank! He is only just over 5ft tall.

Once cleaned up a delicious cheeseburger was washed down with a pint of Bosley Cloud 4.1% from the local Storm Brewery, who sponsor the race, followed by a 99 ice cream for £2. A bargain, apparently they are £8.50 at Glastonbury.

A shame numbers were down this year but I suspect the Whaley Waltz, just up the road, took a few away.
    Last edited by Llani Boy; 25-06-2022 at 09:55 PM.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog