Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hawkswick

Re: Hawkswick

Maps also available on Races page at http://www.felljunior.org.uk/FRAJunior
    Going downhill fast - until I fell over

Good run from James Hall today, Scotty said he had a smashing line off the cairns, i don't think i've ever seen anyone win a race by so much.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

A big Thank You to all at Wharfedale for a terrific day at Hawkswick today. The courses were challenging but enjoyed by all I spoke to, great for spectators too watching our best juniors powering up, hurtling along & flying down the hills.

Very impressive cakes too, both in quality & volume, clearly a lot of baking been going on.

The weather came good in the end, there was some superb running right across the age groups & Tim D did a fantastic job with registration & results. So thanks Dave, Kevin, Lynda, Sharon and the Wharfedale crew for all their efforts in putting on today's race.

Master

Echo Duncans comments. Great event and top organisation by Wharfedale. See you all at Sedburgh.

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    Good run from James Hall today, Scotty said he had a smashing line off the cairns, i don't think i've ever seen anyone win a race by so much.
    James hall is a very impressive young lad, future champion material.
    @Hill_Runner on twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan R View Post
    A big Thank You to all at Wharfedale for a terrific day at Hawkswick today. The courses were challenging but enjoyed by all I spoke to, great for spectators too watching our best juniors powering up, hurtling along & flying down the hills.

Very impressive cakes too, both in quality & volume, clearly a lot of baking been going on.

The weather came good in the end, there was some superb running right across the age groups & Tim D did a fantastic job with registration & results. So thanks Dave, Kevin, Lynda, Sharon and the Wharfedale crew for all their efforts in putting on today's race.

I wholeheartedly endorse Duncan's comments (in that valley even I was tempted into my Mudclaws) and I add that junior fell running is fortunate in having another excellent Junior Co-ordinator.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Great to see some of our talented juniors taking the honours over the seniors in some of the shorter races. Brad Traviss of CVFR has had a great week winning Cragg Vale and Hawkswick. He's another smashing lad. Our sport is in good hands with some of these fantastic juniors coming through. A big thank you and well done for all your hard work to all those involved in the junior side of our sport.

In the championship tables, 5 runners have already scored maximum points (best 4 from 6 races) in their age group, and there is the potential for 3 more at the final round, which would be unprecedented. However, they have all had to fight hard for their success, such is the quality, talent, and determination throughout the age groups. Brilliant to watch and applaud.

Thumbs up Re: Hawkswick

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan R View Post

I'd also like to echo the comments made by Duncan R. Brilliant senior race to compete in and a great spectacle watching the junior races. I really hope the race(s) will be staged next year!
    Steve Fish : Clayton Le Moors Harriers