Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 21-June-2007 BG Attempts....

Re: 21-June-2007 BG Attempts..

I haven't stopped thinking about the day since, and my knees wouldn't let me forget anyway! If you're thinking of having a go, DO IT! And don't worry too much about the training. I was well off the benchmark of 10,000 feet in a week and didn't start running training until January having missed the second half of last year with a foot injury. I only had 4 sessions of more than 4 hours before the day. I can let any interested parties have my training diary.

Good luck to anyone having a crack in the next few weeks
    Well done, its inspiring to hear about peoples accounts, especially with regards the amount of training.

Bill

Oh dear what have I let myself in for

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffB View Post
    Can you let us know when you get the final tally for last weekend? It would be interesting to know just how many got round.
    Firstly thanks to those forum members who responded to my PMs (no-one didn't respond as it happens).

So unless there are some names that have dropped off the radar, it would seem that there were twelve successful rounds last Saturday plus one individual who had already done it. Well done to one and all.

As for training for a Bob Graham - plenty of hill work, although I certainly didn't do the recommended 10000ft a weekend - more like half this, plus a hand full of long races.

Although helping out with other peoples BGs (or Joss Naylors as it happens) is by far the best way of training. Plus you can pick up ideas and fine tune your pace.

Cheers,

The Joker

Bob, Thanks for putting me on your BG list. I am now a number.
    fell running.....are you trying to be funny?

Dont know if I am included in the stats, but I got around with fantactic support from Bill CFR, Mark and Ken and the rest were all Bowland Fell runners. Thanks to all of you for a great effort!
    time 22:07.
    well done to the rest of you who completed on 23rd June.
    Cheers Alan Lucker.

Desperate Dan is on route again, his second attempt of the summer. He always does these things in two's! Left Dunmail at 9.40. Howling gale and driving rain on the tops, sounds great. Boy Wonder pacing
    Good luck Dan!

Just got news, apparently an absolute epic, doomed to glorious failure in the foul conditions. Gales and loads of rain. Did all the summits but realised on the top of the last one that they would not get back to the Moot Hall within 24 hrs so got in the car when they got down to the road!!
    Lovely sunshine now !!
    All well and already planning the next attempt!

Quote Originally Posted by Toffer View Post
    Just got news, apparently an absolute epic, doomed to glorious failure in the foul conditions. Gales and loads of rain. Did all the summits but realised on the top of the last one that they would not get back to the Moot Hall within 24 hrs so got in the car when they got down to the road!!
    Lovely sunshine now !!
    All well and already planning the next attempt!
    So close a valiant attempt at least he's getting the miles in for next time

Bill