Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 21-June-2007 BG Attempts....

21-June-2007 BG Attempts....

Any news on how yesterday's went? GeoffB? Bill?

Re: 21-June-2007 BG Attempts..

Quote Originally Posted by Huwski View Post
    Any news on how yesterday's went? GeoffB? Bill?
    Bill (and Ed) finished in just over 22 hours.

As Emmilou says, Bill & Ed came home in a cracking time despite the weather turning worse after Honister.

GeoffB was looking in fine form at Honister and Newlands Church and must have finished in a good time as well.

Plenty of other successes and some very happy folks at the Moot Hall

And what a fascinating sight it is at the Moot Hall!! All these drunks turning out of the pubs thinking they're really something for having managed to down too many pints....and then these real heroes turning up after 22,23 hours on their feet and quitely slipping away without fanfare.
    Loving life in the Highlands

blog

GeoffB was looking in fine form at Honister and Newlands Church and must have finished in a good time as well.
    Glad to hear GeoffB made it, met him just before Steeple and I'm sure it was him at Blacksail just as we finished going up the steep part on Kirkfell but it was someone else who finished after us.

Didn't wait for any more finishers as needed a sit down and a pint

Bill

Chris Preston (whom I was supporting on leg 2) got round in 22:29 so well done to her. Not sure how the other Tod Harrier (Rick/Rees - I didn't actually get his name!) got on but was well up at Dunmail.

There was also a contender from Bowland Fellrunners who was on the same schedule - any news of him?

There was also a contender from Bowland Fellrunners who was on the same schedule - any news of him?
    I was supporting a Bowland fellrunner who got round in 22:07, not sure if another Bowland runner was doing the round?

Chris Preston (whom I was supporting on leg 2) got round in 22:29 so well done to her
    Thats who the cheers must have been for, well done to Chris (think it was her I was at the bottom of long stand with in the Duddon Valley)

Bill

Everything hurts

Thanks to everyone who helped us get round, kept us fed and watered & even went so far on occasion as helping us change shoes.

Anyone know what happened to the girl who was going round anti-clockwise? We passed her on top of Scafell. Couldn't help but think of her as the rain & cloud moved in during the evening.

Very well done to ALL
    I saw most of you while out on a long recce
    I spoke to Chris's support at Honister (thanks for cuppa) but was sure there was a Claire & John doing a round, anyone know how they did?
    Also saw "anticlockwise girl" looking strong as she breezed passed on Scafell Pike.

Nobody has mentioned the two lads doing a clockwise unsupported round who started at 2.15am. I chatted with them several times between High Raise and Scafell Pike and they were tired but going well. Did anyone else see them after this or know how they did?

The two lads doing the unsupported clockwise round finished the round in 23.41. A couple of silly navigational errors on leg 4 around Pillar and then Kirk fell cost us a bit of time, but we recovered well and made it to Moot Hall reasonably comfortably in the end. The only problem with going unsupported, except having to carry your own kit, is concentrating on the navigation when you get tired towards the end of the round. I know leg 4 very well and I have navigated BG contenders round it on a number of occasions. But when the weather closes in and tiredness sets in it is so easy to be careless when you think you know where you are going. Thanks Nee Bother for the banana on Scafell Pike.

We also saw Claire and John, I think. We last saw John just before Bowfell and Claire on Yewbarrow. How did they both get on?

Well done to all the others who completed over the weekend.

Plenty out, lots of willing helpers, some great performances....
    Mid-Summers eve came & went... and there was lots of magic too...
    And many lives will never ever be quite the same again..
    The Lucky Few were modest, thankfull and rewarded....... and lots more!
    WELL DONE!!!
    Miss Muddy Paws Dad....
    Not clever & often stupid..