Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 21-June-2007 BG Attempts....

Re: 21-June-2007 BG Attempts..

I'm still hobbling around this morning - quads are VERY sore. Had to drive into work, no chance of cycling!

Huge thanks to everybody who helped me get round, in particular Luv Shack (it was you who got me into this fell-running lark in the first place!), Grouse, Margarine, Double Dee, RichT (Broad Stand & Leg 5), Helen for keeping my body together (the best osteopath in the universe), Dave & Margaret Jones for organising everything and all the rest of the Pennine helpers.

That feeling as I ran up to the Moot Hall will probably stay with me for ever - it felt like a thousand people were clapping & cheering - I almost burst into tears, it was amazing!

Almost forgot, thanks RichT for that pint of Sneck Lifter at the end - nectar!

Good to meet Baggins at Steeple & Mr1470 - I still don't know who you are!!

Well done to everyone else who completed on the night - it would be interesting to know how many there were, it seemed like dozens.

Well done Geoff!!

What on earth are you doing at work though? Shouldn't you be having a rest?

I'll add my congrats to every one. Well done on the the big effort.
    It makes me want to go out and give it another crack.

Congratulations to Geoff, Dan and everyone who made it round. Another grand night out!
    I'm gonna get that cwazy gwouse...

Unhappy Re: 21-June-2007 BG Attempts..

Well done all

I was in the Newlands Valley on Saturday night around 10-10.30 pm, driving back to my parents' house in Littletown.

We saw at least a dozen teams all tired but happy, on the last leg of the challenge. By God you lot were amazing!
    I explained the event to my bemused wife, who knows my propensity for daft things but hadn't previously been introduced to the long term goal of a BGR "in a few years". In truth, she didn't look impressed with the idea...

Minor downer- one of the support cars barged past us (we were well over in a passing place, letting the runners though) and he gave us a lovely scratched memento of the evening to "cherish".

Quote Originally Posted by bill View Post

Anyone know what happened to the girl who was going round anti-clockwise? We passed her on top of Scafell. Couldn't help but think of her as the rain & cloud moved in during the evening.
    Clare Regan... finished in about 23.40. The weather was certainly with us/her along the Dodds.

Congrats to all!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Chris Preston (whom I was supporting on leg 2) got round in 22:29 so well done to her. Not sure how the other Tod Harrier (Rick/Rees - I didn't actually get his name!) got on but was well up at Dunmail.

There was also a contender from Bowland Fellrunners who was on the same schedule - any news of him?
    The other Tod Harrier was Rhys Watkins, who completed in 22.15.
    He had an excellent run and never looked seriously troubled, in fact he actually seemed to enjoy himself. Which to my mind is just plain weird.

Master and MR

well done geoff
    WORK today , are you mad.

congrats to all the others who made it as well
    makes me really want to give it a crack next year now
    sounds like pennine where really well organised, i saw some runners coming down at dunmail at about 8.30 and had goosebumps on the back of my neck, i think i need to join a fell running club to have any chance though.

Quote Originally Posted by daz h View Post
    well done geoff
    WORK today , are you mad.

congrats to all the others who made it as well
    makes me really want to give it a crack next year now
    sounds like pennine where really well organised, i saw some runners coming down at dunmail at about 8.30 and had goosebumps on the back of my neck, i think i need to join a fell running club to have any chance though.
    Come on Daz, you know you want to. We were all sat around having breakfast on Sunday morning discussing who from Pennine might give it a crack next year - it could be you, Daz.

Dave Jones really is a superb organiser (even when hobbling around on crutches). In the past 3 years Pennine have had 5 successes and no failures, which isn't a bad record for a pretty small club.

Fancy not taking a day off today GeoffB!

Promise to introdcue myself at the next race we're both at....just thought Honister during your brief break wasn't the place to do it!! Anyway, the "Pit Stop" team had sprung into action so I wouldn't have got near!
    Loving life in the Highlands

blog