Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Insect Repellant

Re: Insect Repellant

Quote Originally Posted by Jez Hellewell View Post
    Which one ? The Avon site is a mans worst nightmare.
    Slightly bizarrely, the bath oil is what most people (or those I know) use. I'd be interested to know if the "dry oil body spray" works as well - never seen it before, so maybe I'm just behind the times. Would perhaps be more practical.

I think the dry oil body spray is what I've been using - I forget all the different technical terms of these products! Strangely, I've had it congeal in the bottle so it won't spray, only for it to re-liquidise itself later in the day; it still didi the job, but was obviously a bit harder to get out of the container whilst congealed!
    It smells quite nice, too.

When I was in India I bought an ayurvedic mossy repellent and its the best thing I've ever used but I'm not sure what's in it. It smells lovely and is in a tiny spray bottle. I'll try and find out what is in it but it worked against even the hardcore Asian mossies.
    'The birds are the keepers of our secrets'

Quote Originally Posted by Hes View Post
    When I was in India I bought an ayurvedic mossy repellent and its the best thing I've ever used but I'm not sure what's in it. It smells lovely and is in a tiny spray bottle. I'll try and find out what is in it but it worked against even the hardcore Asian mossies.
    Probably 500% Deet - like the Chinese herbal remedies that are actually high strength anti-biotics & work a treat!
    Begin afresh, afresh, afresh.

http://avonshop.co.uk/shop/search.as...in%20so%20soft either of the two on here work. The Which article is pants!

ha ha ha, cynic!! no it wasn't. I've just found it in my bathroom and its a blend of essential oils but it doesn't say which. I've had a sniff and it smells gorgeous but I've no idea what is in it. Definitely not Deet as it leaked when I was travelling and had no ill effect on the plastic bag it was in. It really was very effective and I will be using it again now that I've relocated it.

After a quick search, this is the company it was made by and its called Mosqui.

http://www.tradeindia.com/Seller-225...TECH-PVT-LTD-/

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandra View Post
    Probably 500% Deet - like the Chinese herbal remedies that are actually high strength anti-biotics & work a treat!
    'The birds are the keepers of our secrets'

Quote Originally Posted by Latege View Post
    ......I'd be interested to know if the "dry oil body spray" works as well.......... Would perhaps be more practical.
    Quote Originally Posted by plodding bear View Post
    I think the dry oil body spray is what I've been using - I forget all the different technical terms of these products! Strangely, I've had it congeal in the bottle so it won't spray, only for it to re-liquidise itself later in the day; it still didi the job, but was obviously a bit harder to get out of the container whilst congealed!
    It smells quite nice, too.
    Doesn't sound too much more practical then!

Looking at Livi's link, the one I had was the replenishing one. It only congealed once, not sure why, and still worked once I'd got some out of the container.

in answer to the earlier question about Avon. I have the dry oil body spray and it sort of works upto a point. (i think it works best when i spray so much on that the little buggers just slide off)
    MM partner at LAMM had Smidge (tiny aerosol) and that again worked , upto a point, but then I guess at the LAMM this year nothing really worked at the midcamp!

The SAS use Skin SO Soft. Happened to be mentioned on Radio 2 just yesterday afternoon.
    I used Deet when in India and worked a treat, just avoid the watch strap!!!
    @roadrunneraj #gohardorgohome