Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
Callow fell race done and dusted this morning. Quite enjoyed using the app and had no problems other user error. (Managed to upload it twice somehow!) Anyway, It was lovely morning for a run and I even got a little bit of competition as I spied a chap on the skyline of Yearlet as I began the climb and then caught him on the ascent of Grindle - I think he had a bit of nav error to be fair.
I was 10 minutes slower than last year's race which I attribute to 3 factors:
1. I haven't been putting the miles/hills into my running this year. Lockdown, no races and been cycling a lot instead.
2. I think the lack of other competitors meant I didn't go as hard at the climbs and I also held back on the descents as the without marshals and other runners around a hard fall could be quite serious.
3. I met about 20-30 ramblers between the stile and footbridge before I'd even got Ashlet. Robo-rambler at the rear instructed me to "back-off and stay 2 meters away!" Were she not blocking my path I could have quite easily got round them all without any social distancing issues but she wasn't having any of it. Anyway, how is alright for 20 + of them to be all congregating together???

Anyway, on balance an enjoyable morning out and I'm looking forward to my next MapRun race - Buttermere Sailbeck.

Well done Pete... such a tough route, and if you're not 100% on it, you can just leak minutes on every part of the route...

You showed far more patience with that group than i'd have managed...