Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Callow

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    I see the results are up: https://mercia.giz.me.uk/node/3336
    The guy who finished a place in front of me went past me like a train on the final descent... didn't realise he had won the prize for the fastest descent from Callow to the finish!

I lost a chunk of time on the penultimate leg, the climb up to Callow... instead of going up the little hanging valley i was going sharply up the fellside to the right, and effectively hit the summit coming from the south instead of the south-west.... looks like it cost me a good two minutes (although only one position)
    Last edited by Travs; 21-12-2021 at 04:25 PM.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Sara Willhoit fastest climbing Callow, as well as 3rd overall. I seem to remember she was in the same position at the Cardingmill Canter in 2019, when I ran it. She obviously likes the steep, grassy slopes of the Long Mynd.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Yes she's a good athlete... sub-17 5km, sub-36 10km, and obviously even stronger on the fells.

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Looking forward to this in few weeks time. Hoping to beat last year's time but a PB is probably not on the cards.
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast

Looking forward to this on sunday.

Not been on the fells for about 6 weeks but feeling fit.... Callow is a brute though so may come unstuck.

Looking at the lineup, there's no stand-out contenders for the win (yet.... and i believe there may be entry on the day). A few usual suspects from the Shropshire races, and a few names i don't know too well.... hoping to at least have a vague stab at a v40 prize.

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Good luck,Pete.

Hope to see you there. My aim is just to beat last year's time which was about 10 minutes off my best.
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast

I know one thing... i'll be going out of that first field like a rocket, regardless of whether it puts me in a false position or not...

I can't afford to mess around on short races and there's some people on the list who we may well be within a minute or so at the finish, so i'll take any advantage i can get.

Looks like some healthy numbers for Llani in the v60, although got to make him favourite on current form and all that marathon training.

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post

Looks like some healthy numbers for Llani in the v60, although got to make him favourite on current form and all that marathon training.
    Please don't burden me with such pressure Travs. That kind of talk just increases the number of pre race toilet visits I will have to endure.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

There was a previous thread (Breidden Hills?) where somebody (Llani?) was enquiring as to the full list of Shropshire WInter Series races.....

Breidden Hills (as run on 9th October)
    Callow – 20th November 2022
    Cardington Cracker – 4th December 2022
    Long Mynd Valleys – 11th February 2023
    Cardingmill Canter – 4th March 2023
    Wrekin– 2nd April 2023

best 4 results from 6 to score.

This is good news for me as it looks like i can scrape 4 races together...

Here we go then...

Looks like it might be a decent morning for it... although i suspect the damage has already been done with regards to the underfoot conditions.