Thread: Gold Challenge April-July

Thumbs up Gold Challenge April-July

I am going for gold this year was in the Olympic Stadium. But am planning gold of a different kind - I hope to raise over £1000 for the Multiple Sclerosis Society.
    I have 10 challenges lined up and the first was a 100m sprint in the Olympic Stadium in London on Sunday April 1st.
    After suffering illness last year and having to take long periods off work, I found my ability to even walk affected. My aim to regain some of my former fitness I've set myself the challenge of “Gold challenge for a charity close to my heart.
    A medical devices nurse practitioner working at Bolton Hospital, one of my many challenges will be to take part as a solo competitor in the NHS Sprint Triathlon being held in Bolton. (15th July) Better known for organising events (VLA EVENTS), efficiency in co-ordinating race results (Ukresults) and assisting at other races rather than taking part, this will be one of my last challenges.
    As well as these two challenges, so far have ticked off a 10k race (Market Drayton), white water kayaking (Grade 4 course, Bala, 27th May), learn to trampoline (11th April), a charity bike ride (4th June), competition long jump (2nd June), a table tennis event (ongoing), a badminton event (14th June), and improve my swimming so I can do 100m front crawl!
    – With style!

Keeping track of me throughout my challenges is the RadcliffeAC website www.radcliffeac.org.uk and what I need now are plenty of sponsors. If you would like to sponsor me go to the link below.
    http://beatms.mssociety.org.uk/netcommunity/haveago
    Attachment 6136
    www.vlaevents.co.uk Fancy something different?

Re: Gold Challenge April-July

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    I am going for gold this year was in the Olympic Stadium. But am planning gold of a different kind - I hope to raise over £1000 for the Multiple Sclerosis Society.
    I have 10 challenges lined up and the first was a 100m sprint in the Olympic Stadium in London on Sunday April 1st.
    After suffering illness last year and having to take long periods off work, I found my ability to even walk affected. My aim to regain some of my former fitness I've set myself the challenge of “Gold challenge for a charity close to my heart.
    A medical devices nurse practitioner working at Bolton Hospital, one of my many challenges will be to take part as a solo competitor in the NHS Sprint Triathlon being held in Bolton. (15th July) Better known for organising events (VLA EVENTS), efficiency in co-ordinating race results (Ukresults) and assisting at other races rather than taking part, this will be one of my last challenges.
    As well as these two challenges, so far have ticked off a 10k race (Market Drayton), white water kayaking (Grade 4 course, Bala, 27th May), learn to trampoline (11th April), a charity bike ride (4th June), competition long jump (2nd June), a table tennis event (ongoing), a badminton event (14th June), and improve my swimming so I can do 100m front crawl!
    – With style!

Keeping track of me throughout my challenges is the RadcliffeAC website www.radcliffeac.org.uk and what I need now are plenty of sponsors. If you would like to sponsor me go to the link below.
    Attachment 6136

Good man Vince - you've been missed.

Does this mean that we will be resuming hostilities in the cross country leagues later this year matey?
    To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There

Have to see how it goes as the problem is balance!

Challenge 5 completed (Long Jump) at Witton Park, Blackburn :thumbup:

Challenge 6 done now - 26 mile Great Manchester Cycle!

I have now completed all 10 challenges in an increased time and feel great!!
    Visit http://www.radcliffeac.org.uk/?p=616 for the breakdown of the challenges. The last one was today as the NHS Sprint triathlon. I did it solo, came 53rd out of 123 competitors and even on the relay race beforehand I beat the times of 55 teams out of 88!
    If you know someone with MS then think of them. If you do not know anyone, my name is Vince!

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    I have now completed all 10 challenges in an increased time and feel great!!
    Visit http://www.radcliffeac.org.uk/?p=616 for the breakdown of the challenges. The last one was today as the NHS Sprint triathlon. I did it solo, came 53rd out of 123 competitors and even on the relay race beforehand I beat the times of 55 teams out of 88!
    If you know someone with MS then think of them. If you do not know anyone, my name is Vince!

Well done Vince, i've just read the details of your challenges on the Radcliffe website and wanted to say 'What a fantastic effort, well done matey.'
    To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There