Thread: joining the DPFR

joining the DPFR

I'm sure there must be a fair few club members from Dark Peak who use these forums. I'm interested in joining the club and wondered what the best way to get involved was? Is there a club run on Wednesdays? Whats the deal?
    Cheers,
    Luke.

Re: joining the DPFR

Quote Originally Posted by luke.porter View Post
    I'm sure there must be a fair few club members from Dark Peak who use these forums. I'm interested in joining the club and wondered what the best way to get involved was? Is there a club run on Wednesdays? Whats the deal?
    Cheers,
    Luke.
    Hi Luke

Yes there are 2or 3 runs on a wednesday night, We have home and away runs and some times both. Different groups at different speeds but no one is left behind. We have a "Safety officer" who will buddy you up on the first night to make sure you won't be left behind. Where are you based in Shefffield. there are smaller groups that meet on other night too.
    Check out the website for venue and time. http://www.dpfr.org.uk/
    away runs are the most fun and can get 40 runners out. Theres a club race this Wednesday in Burbage. another next Monday and Wednesday, theres usually some one running from the club hut but best to contact somebefore turning up there on an away night.

Thanks Ian, sounds good.
    I live in Crookes so easy access to the Peak. The Burbage race sounds good, but might have to come along next week. I'm still sore from the Lakeland 50 this past weekend. Should I contact someone via the website before turning up?

Quote Originally Posted by luke.porter View Post
    Thanks Ian, sounds good.
    I live in Crookes so easy access to the Peak. The Burbage race sounds good, but might have to come along next week. I'm still sore from the Lakeland 50 this past weekend. Should I contact someone via the website before turning up?
    There's a race next week I think. Theres a few dpers live in crookes inc greenflash . Let me know where intend to go and i'll arrange for some one to run with you. Can you navigate?

I think I'll try and get out for the one tomorrow night, maybe next week as well. I can navigate, but that doesn't necessarily always mean in the right direction.