Thread: Salt Cellar fell race

Salt Cellar fell race

Just thought I'd mention - did the Salt Cellar last night. New race organised by Steel City Striders. Was a good un. link below. We got very nice free veggie wrap at the end. I took mine home and put some sausages on it.

http://extra.shu.ac.uk/striders/Club...me%20page.html

Re: Salt Cellar fell race

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    We got very nice free veggie wrap at the end. I took mine home and put some sausages on it.
    It'd be rude not to:wink:
    Hills and Guinness!

Quote Originally Posted by stevefoster View Post
    It'd be rude not to:wink:
    :thumbup: definitely.

A good run out too. Although a bit hot for my liking - need a bit of mist wind and rain. Will this summer never end?

I think this was one of the most enjoyable, if not the most enjoyable race in the peaks - and this from a predominantly road running club! Well organised & marshalled and as for the route - wow, it would have satisfied the most ardent of bracken slayers & heatherbashers, with the decent into Dovestone Clough through a scythed swathe of chest high bracken being the highlight. Disappointingly small turnout for the race, probably due to late advertisement in Fell Runner Mag, as some **** of a Landlord didn't want several hundred runners in his pub after the race so an alternative start (and name) for the race was made from last year. Congratulations to all concerned, and yes, I couldn't hide the dismay in my voice at the word 'Veggie' - I just breathed in really deeply and swallowed a shed load of midges for some protein.
    Last edited by Darth of The Dark Side; 05-08-2012 at 03:01 PM.
    Its better to have fought and lost, than not have fought at all.

For anyone who raced there are lots of quality photos and a set of results on the Sheffield Steel Striders facebook group site. https://www.facebook.com/groups/75398237429/

Echo what Darth said above. An excellent peak district race, I found bog upto waist deep, smashed my knee, and was bitten to death by midges at the end......no better way to spend a Friday night.

Hopefully it will continue as a race, and get the attendance it deserves (borrowdale championship next day may have contributed). I'm sure under normal circumstances the DPFR machine will be back and the normality will apply to a set of peak district results!:wink: