Hi, this is not a running post I know but since knee problems I took up road biking as well, which seems to help.

Anyway, motivation for anything is not good at the moment and so thinking of joning a cycle club so I can get the motivation to go out, get fitter again and up the distance etc. So looking for advice on local clubs. I live Pateley Bridge way but there are no clubs locally. Harrogate Nova's a no go as I'm not super human but I have seen that both Ilkley and Otley have cycle clubs.

I'm ok on a road bike (though not as good as I am on a mounatin bike). I guess my pace is pretty good for a girl on flats and downhills and gentle inclines but as soon as it hits a hill I go backward in relation to the men. Don't get me wrong I can get up the hills ok but just not at the pace of a man. Rubbish leg strength I guess.

So I can't cycle with super fast blokes but I don't want to cycle really slow either. Any advice from anyone on what Otley or Ilkey cycle clubs are like? Or any other suggestions?

If any road club also MTB that would be an added bonus!!

Ta muchly