Thread: Blisters!

Blisters!

A feeble injury I know but irritating. I have one on my heel that is proving pesky. I have 2 questions, 1 re how to get rid of it and 2nd re what fell shoes to wear. . .
    (1) Got it at Kentmere few weeks ago, tried a Compede but that seemed to delay the hearing process and wasn't very comfortable to run on. Eventually seemed to have dried up and healed this weekend, but then came back last night whilst I was at the Guisborough Grunt race. That may have been something to do with shoes (see below)
    So, how best to treat it now? I want to keep running if at all possible, so should I try a compede again or open air (but then difficult to run)?

(2) Got the pesky blighter wearing my Inov-8 320s (?) black/grey ones. Thought I would try a new pair last night as soles were becoming very worn anyway, but that seems to have led to the blister coming back.
    Should I wait for it to heel, then stick with the new Inov-8s or would it better to get a different type of shoe?

Any thoughts gratefully received. . .

Master

Re: Blisters!

What socks are you wearing? Do you vaseline your feet?

I wear Inov8s a lot and do not get blisters; I wear 2 thin pairs of socks as they protect my feet from the tongue underside, which can be a bit uncomfortable at times. I do not use vaseline but some swear by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    What socks are you wearing? Do you vaseline your feet?

I wear Inov8s a lot and do not get blisters; I wear 2 thin pairs of socks as they protect my feet from the tongue underside, which can be a bit uncomfortable at times. I do not use vaseline but some swear by it.
    Tend to wear standard Pete Bland/Running Bear socks, don't vaseline, but may give that a go.

I don't tend to suffer with blisters (and wear a variety of shoes including inov8, walsh and road shoes)...when I do, and if I want to run before its fully healed I'll use a compeed + tape to hold it on. I've never had a compeed stay put in recent years, they used to, but not now. apparently the compeed stick is good too though I haven't used it myself. never done the 2 sock thing, tried it years ago in walking boots and they just slipped around. make sure yr shoes are laced up tightly enough - any looseness can lead to rubbing.