Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: things not to do when running

Re: things not to do when runn

Quote Originally Posted by jackie View Post
    Run through snow covered gorse in shorts

Decide to cool off on a warm day during an ultramarathon by stuffing snow down your sports bra (obviously applicable to only some forum members) - it works, but I had excruciating muscle pain across my chest for about 2 days afterwards
    Do all women cool down like this on a warm day?!
    brings a whole new meaning to the phrase 'runners nipple'!

have a swim in the sea, after 1 mile i emptyed all the small shells, pebles and volcanic sand out of my pants. walking was a challenge the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by AllanT View Post
    It's even f@cking worse when you're on a bike!!!
    I know what you mean allan - the drivers in the iom are completely crazy - i went there for a festival once and i thought the roads were like a bloody race track!

Quote Originally Posted by Daleside View Post
    I know what you mean allan - the drivers in the iom are completely crazy - i went there for a festival once and i thought the roads were like a bloody race track!

The problem with the IOM is it's f@cking motorsports mad to the detriment of all other sports over here. For example there was a cyclestadium built as a cycletrack in the 50's. Then it got converted in the 60's to be used as a stock car track (with stantions, etc so the cycletrack couldn't be used). This year the lease was up & the cyclist put in a bid for the track, offering about £500,000 in investment (they actually got the backers to put up the money as well & plans for Commonwealth & Island games), plus stating they would take innitiatives to improve the park as a whole.

What happens? The godamn stockcars get their bid approved for another 7 years(when apparently all they were going to do was paint the stadium & resurface their bit of the track). I mean this Island produces world class track cyclists, gold medalists @ commonwealth levels, etc & yet when we put in a bid for a track of our own, it gets bloody turned down for a bunch of amatuer operators who are just out to make money. To my knowledge in the last 30+ years we have not yet produced any world champion stock car racers. It's f@cking lunacy. But then what else did we expect??? I suspect it was a case of "we don't like change" & stick with what you know!!

Funny they can close the roads anytime there's motoracing on, but they can't do that for any cycle event!!!
    Last edited by AllanT; 14-01-2007 at 09:18 PM.

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by AllanT View Post
    The problem with the IOM is it's f@cking motorsports mad to the detriment of all other sports over here. For example there was a cyclestadium built as a cycletrack in the 50's. Then it got converted in the 60's to be used as a stock car track (with stantions, etc so the cycletrack couldn't be used). This year the lease was up & the cyclist put in a bid for the track, offering about £500,000 in investment (they actually got the backers to put up the money as well & plans for Commonwealth & Island games), plus stating they would take innitiatives to improve the park as a whole.

What happens? The godamn stockcars get their bid approved for another 7 years(when apparently all they were going to do was paint the stadium & resurface their bit of the track). I mean this Island produces world class track cyclists, gold medalists @ commonwealth levels, etc & yet when we put in a bid for a track of our own, it gets bloody turned down for a bunch of amatuer operators who are just out to make money. To my knowledge in the last 30+ years we have not yet produced any world champion stock car racers. It's f@cking lunacy. But then what else did we expect??? I suspect it was a case of "we don't like change" & stick with what you know!!

Funny they can close the roads anytime there's motoracing on, but they can't do that for any cycle event!!!
    calm down allan
    go and have a drink in the forresters arms

Quote Originally Posted by daz h View Post
    calm down allan
    go and have a drink in the forresters arms

That's due to be f@cking well pulled down & all!!!

Start up a conversation with a fellow runner who is not out of breath
    www.vlaevents.co.uk Fancy something different?

don't lose your car keys whilst out running..

Quote Originally Posted by jackie View Post
    Run through snow covered gorse in shorts

Decide to cool off on a warm day during an ultramarathon by stuffing snow down your sports bra (obviously applicable to only some forum members) - it works, but I had excruciating muscle pain across my chest for about 2 days afterwards
    Think I will go and try this one....

Go for a pee after applying deep-heat type liniment to your legs.

The error kind of hits you after a mile or so..................