Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Trog's Training

Re: Trog's Training

Hi Tuff,

Still alive and kicking, just been a bit busy.

Last week was the best week's training for a few years, but I think this week the weather is going to disrupt things.
    Frequent but moderate workouts on a consistent basis are the key to success

Quote Originally Posted by Trog View Post
    Hi Tuff,

Still alive and kicking, just been a bit busy.

Last week was the best week's training for a few years, but I think this week the weather is going to disrupt things.
    Good to hear.

know the feeling track session versus intervals around a snowbound playing field ain't quite the same. Hopefully it will clear quickly rather than linger.
    Tuffer

Is enjoying the running

January

The first three weeks of the month went well, with probably the most solid 21 days training for a few years. But unfortunately the last ten days have been a bit poor. My whole lifestyle seems to have suffered, the weather turned bad, my training is down, free time is down and diet has suffered as well. The bottom line is that if you put junk into the tank the engine will not perform to its best.

Overall I managed about 150 miles which is the best month since Aug 2010, although it would not have made the top 12 months in 2007! I ran on 28 days, the 3 that I missed were all in the last 10 days and in the same period I have failed to run for over an hour.

Conclusion: Must try harder

You're back!

Know the feeling bit of a struggle during the snow and then the wind and wet, it knocks you back!

A poor 10 days ain't gonna wreck the season so crack on.
    Tuffer

Is enjoying the running

Oh dear, almost four months since my last post here.

I went to the Clubs Presentation evening the other night and a couple of lads said that I should resurrect the thread.

To bring things up to date, having said:
    Conclusion: Must try harder
    the truth is that both Febuary and March were slightly down on what I would have liked. April was very poor and May is an outright disaster (although I did spend the last two weeks on holiday).

My first goal for the year failed to take place during the downward slide, but there is still three months left before the second so I could still rescue the year from a running point of view.

Note the term "Could", the most important factor in achieving goals is desire, without it a goal is just a dream that will not be fulfilled.

Since returning from the holiday this week I have had three easy runs and the level of desire is slowly growing, the next step will be to create a game plan.

If you have the required desire and a suitable game plan it is a simple case of following the process and the outcome will take care of itself.

What's the second goal?

Seems I've been the same as you this year so far Trog. Not quite got things right, weather, bit of illness. unable to do Thre Peaks due to said illness. Goal 2 on the horizon and I'm behind where I want to be be but still possibly able to get there tho' not at the level I'd like. Goal 3 likewise!! We'll get there!! :thumbup:
    I M Povey New Marske Harriers
    http://manwithoutashed.blogspot.com

To say my running of late has been sporadic is an understatement. Monthly mileage for the last quarter has dropped to what I would class as a 'poor' week.

Having just returned from a fortnights holiday which included zero exercise and excessive consumption of 'bad things' I am officially in a mess.

At the beginning of the year, Goal two, was a short sharp local race in September. That is now only a couple of months away so i am going to have to get a serious grip of things if I am going to achieve a satisfactory performance.

As I am currently overweight and under trained I am looking at a three pronged attack: Lose weight, increase all-round strength, improve climbing ability.

Phase one of the build up has to be simply getting used to running again. Having had three 20 minute trots in the last three days I know it is going to be a hard road (trail!)

Things have not started well:

Having worked out a Plan for the next fortnight, todays session was at the gym.

After a 10 minute warm up on a bike I did 30 minutes weights, at roughly 60% of what I was doing before the fortnight holiday. To finish I had planned for 20 minutes on the treadmill. Within a couple of minutes my right leg was feeling tight as I picked up the pace it got worse so I abandoned it.

It was a little painful as I took the dog for a walk tonight so we will wait to see what tomorrow brings.