Thread: Moffat / Dumfries.

Moffat / Dumfries.

Hello all.

I'm heading up to Dumfries for a wedding later this month (staying in Moffat).

Has anyone got any ideas for some good hilly runs in the area? AM(ish) category would be ideal.

Cheers.

Clewy.
    @Clewy

Re: Moffat / Dumfries.

Clewy

You will be spoilt for choice in the country around Hart Fell and White Coomb.

Eddie

As Eddie says plenty of runs on the Moffat hills, Hart fell horse shoe race route is not a bad one, if you are looking for some thing longer then the Moffat Chase hill race is another route if it is really a AM route you want then just straight to the tri point on Hartfell and back down is 7 miles, it has a well mark quad track and is runable back down.

If you are coming over this Sunday they will be a grounp of us head over to the Merick Hill race meeting in Moffat town centre, you will be welcome to join us.

If I am around when you are up I don't mind coming out with you, although I am busy the next 3 weekends with races ect.

ATB

Tahr

Eddie, Tahr cheers fellas.

Managed to get my paws on a map.

Looks like Hart fell and a slightly shorter Moffat chase hill race route is favourite. I'll be out on Friday 28th September and - hangover permitting - the Sunday too. Feel free to come along if free.

Thanks.

Clewy
    @Clewy

Sorry mate I go away to the west coast on thursday night and will not be back until Sunday afternoon. Have a good run.

ATB

Tahr