Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Hokas

thanks for replies probably will go for the mafate not convinced they are the right shoe for the hardmoor 55 tho but what is ?

Done the Hardmoors 55 a couple of times and wore Speedcross. I bought Hokas for the 110 but ditched them at 70 miles because my feet were killing me. Did the last 40 in Speedcross in relative comfort.

What murph said!

I used them for later part of West Highland Way Race and they seemed to do a job! Grip might be an issue but on that course no! I will be using them...I think...at some stage on the Hardmoors 110! If my tight right leg allows....

Out of interest I ran Milngavie to Glencoe Ski Centre in Salomon Sense Mantra with Injinji socks with not a single foot issue! Ended up with a damaged big toe due to kicking rocks a few times!!
    I M Povey New Marske Harriers
    http://manwithoutashed.blogspot.com

...that's what murt said...the post before last!!! :/
    I M Povey New Marske Harriers
    http://manwithoutashed.blogspot.com

ok thanks just picked up a pair of hokas mafate for 30 hope they are good for the distance trail now to get used to them as some people say they are tricky with the sole

Where did you find them for £30?

well neilly they were 100 but I won 70 with a pound the night before so they were 31

Jammy sod

I hope nobody minds me reopening an old thread but I just wanted to comment on this given my own recent experience.

I am 51 and have ran "competitively" for over 30 years on road/XC/track, little on Fells, as much as I enjoy running on them I cant descend!
    Over the last 3 years I have experienced quite severe ankle pain and panful stiffness in one of my big toe joints. I had almost given up running as a result of persistent pain although I wanted to carry on running and racing.
    I decided to try a pair of Hoka's based on their claims (and other reviews) regarding the stiffness of the forefoot and hoped it would help me with the toe joint problem. Even at circa £80 my wife was more than happy for me to add to my shoe collection in the hope that it would allow me to run and stop me being such a grumpy bugger.
    4 months later and I am back running around 40 miles per week and although the toe pain is never going to disappear completely it has subsided significantly, as has the ankle pain.
    I am no evangelist they are just one shoe among many but I can honestly say of all the shoes I have had (I have the Bondi for road and Mafate Speed for off road) these have made by far most difference to my running. At the moment I cant imagine buying another brand. They are not right for everyone and the kids tell me I look like Ronald McDonald but I dont care, I am largely running pain free.

That's good news Fast Eddie.
    Up and Running came to our club last Tuesday night for a Hoka try out night - borrow a pair and try them out on a run. Good way to check them out, as they are not cheap. If any one wants try asking your local U & R if they could do this. I'm not convinced yet and did 67 miles in a new pair of Brooks Cascadia last week end with out too many ill effects.