Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Hokas

Re: Hokas

I've been wearing minimal shoes/racing shoes for 3-4 years without a problem but was finding after about 30 miles I needed something with cushioning. Also, where I live there are some very rocky trails so it was difficult to run fast with my usual shoes. I therefore bought the Hoka Bondi B's from Pete Bland (now down to £70 but only few sizes left) and have really enjoyed using them on the rocky trails where now I can run as fast as I like. Also, I recently ran a 43 mile race on West Highland Way and wore Inov8's racing flats for the first 20 miles and then switched to the Hokas for the rest of the race where it was very rocky, and they were very good. I found them a bit 'clumpy' to start with but now find them really comfortable. If you can get a pair from Pete Blands at the £70 price then it may be worth taking a punt.

Re: Hokas

Just bought a pair for £62.50 from Snow and Rock, have really bad PF so will try anything and at half price willing to give them a go.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunaneto View Post
    I have to admit I'm intrigued by these things. How long do I have to wait before buying some and not be jumping on the band wagon?
    Have I waited long enough yet?
    pies

Quote Originally Posted by shaunaneto View Post
    Have I waited long enough yet?
    I wear them-but as everyone knows who reads the Forum; my judgement is hopelessly flawed!
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    I wear them-but as everyone knows who reads the Forum; my judgement is hopelessly flawed!
    Graham Breeze in Kokas? I never thought I'd be genuinely lost for words, but omg I am
    Poacher turned game-keeper

which ones are people going for when buying a pair for ultra after suffering with a quad issue need more cushion for longer of road runs and the ones I have looked at they have a grip issue

I got a pair of the Rapa Nui - I've found them OK for trails (got them for the Hardmoord 110) but came a cropper a couple of times coming down the Corridor route. Surprisingly comfy and lightweight but yes grip is an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by vespa View Post
    which ones are people going for when buying a pair for ultra after suffering with a quad issue need more cushion for longer of road runs and the ones I have looked at they have a grip issue
    Hoka Mafate Speeds have much better grip than the older Mafates, and the studs are big enough that they should be comfortable on tarmac too. I fear they will wear out faster too, so I am saving them for best. They have got the highest level of cushioning, but they feel less clumsy than the older Mafates.
    Begin afresh, afresh, afresh.

A friend bought a pair ( don't know which model ) then had them re-soled with a Walsh pyramid sole. He thinks they're the dog's danglers.
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

I have Mafate 3s

On the right terrain they're fantastic.

On the wrong terrain they're flipping awful. Easy to avoid tho!
    pies