Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bgr 2013

Re: Bgr 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Adnan Khan View Post
    Ehe, Ken ? I can't zoom in but you definitley look like Ken I enjoyed the penshaw roller coaster finish on monday, that should be our finishing course every monday I reckon I don't understand why Mal chose Naked Rambler and not you
    Nah...can't be Ken.....can it.....ha ha wondered how long it would take you get on here mate. Have a look on Bob's site, there's loads of info on there and on this here forum. I know most of the folk on here and they're a great bunch and source of information. Hard work and dedication are the key things, I did most of my training on the actual BG route as well as many hours on North York Moors. Get along to help with some rounds or recce's.......oh and get that map reading malarky sorted

Quote Originally Posted by Manhar View Post
    I was posting in jest Adnan - seriously tho' (& again excuse the thread hijacking) would prefer to attempt 1 or 2 of the superlongs eg Ennerdale or Wasdale before attempting a BG in order to guage the requirements / my capabilities. Best wishes with your attempt and the training - post on here your reccie dates and you never know I may turn up..........
    That sounds sensible Manhar. The time-honoured tactic of supporting other BG attempts and doubling up on legs will also give you a fair indicator of where you need to be. Good luck to you, am sure you will get all the help and advice you need here.
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners

Careful if Stevefoster offers advice.......he's mad as a hatter!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nee Bother View Post
    Nah...can't be Ken.....can it.....ha ha wondered how long it would take you get on here mate. Have a look on Bob's site, there's loads of info on there and on this here forum. I know most of the folk on here and they're a great bunch and source of information. Hard work and dedication are the key things, I did most of my training on the actual BG route as well as many hours on North York Moors. Get along to help with some rounds or recce's.......oh and get that map reading malarky sorted
    Thanks Ken. Yes my plan is to spend some weekends on actual BGR route and I will also be training along some of the strollers for their L50/L100 and Hardmoors races. I am enjoying the map reading course I can now read the grid references and know what contour lines actually are

Careful if Stevefoster offers advice.......he's mad as a hatter!!!
    He bloody is, I never listen to him, he talks to himself as well!
    Hills and Guinness!

Quote Originally Posted by Adnan Khan View Post
    Thanks Ken. Yes my plan is to spend some weekends on actual BGR route and I will also be training along some of the strollers for their L50/L100 and Hardmoors races. I am enjoying the map reading course I can now read the grid references and know what contour lines actually are
    That's good......can you teach me

I should better not litsen to myself first

That's good......can you teach me
    I can try, but don't blame me if you get lost

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Manhar View Post
    I was posting in jest Adnan - seriously tho' (& again excuse the thread hijacking) would prefer to attempt 1 or 2 of the superlongs eg Ennerdale or Wasdale before attempting a BG in order to guage the requirements / my capabilities. Best wishes with your attempt and the training - post on here your reccie dates and you never know I may turn up..........
    Manhar, tagging on a few recces would be much more useful that doing super-long races to get a feel of what's involved. You're well capable of doing the BG. There'll no doubt be some recces organised on the forum next spring. A run round the Ennerdale route (at BG pace ~ 3mph) would be a useful marker mind to where you are
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Manhar, tagging on a few recces would be much more useful that doing super-long races to get a feel of what's involved. You're well capable of doing the BG. There'll no doubt be some recces organised on the forum next spring. A run round the Ennerdale route (at BG pace ~ 3mph) would be a useful marker mind to where you are
    Thats me plan is Derby. Get on to each leg atleast once and then combined few and then go for the attempt I live on the 7th floor flat and I take stairs up and down (4 out of 5 times) so thats my daily little exercise