Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bgr 2013

Re: Bgr 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Adnan Khan View Post
    Thanks vespa. Its for our local 2 charities starting from Nenthead to Sunderland on the c2c route. Good luck for snowdonia marathon.

Car share is a great idea, I am all up for it. I live in Sunderland, Where about you live ?
    Hi Adnan, I get up the lakes every few weeks and am up for recces. For all the advice you will need get down to Sunderland Strollers. They have a least two runners who have completed the BGR.

im looking at a round next year and would be intrested in some reccies/training over the coming months ive got a couple events over oct but looking to start my training nov onwards if you fancy company :thumbup:

Thanks everyone. Will be great to have your company fellas . I am a stroller as well. I know of 3 who have done the BGR, they are great help. I am told to spend as much time as possible on the lakes to get proper training done. I will be free after the 2nd week of October and not planning to enter the races until next year.

Thanks everyone. Will be great to have your company fellas . I am a stroller as well. I know of 3 who have done the BGR, they are great help. I am told to spend as much time as possible on the lakes to get proper training done. I will be free after the 2nd week of October and not planning to enter the races until next year.
    Hello Adnan,

I think we've met before haven't we? Were you part of that Sunderland Strollers outing on leg 2 last year along with Ash and Auld Ken? I'm pretty sure I remember you, didn't we all split up and do a little comparative test of the routes up to Fairfield (i.e. Cofa Pike route v Grisedale Tarn circular) ?

Good luck with your BG training.

Martyn
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners

Thanks Martyn. Yes I think we have. It was last november and I decided to go with Ash and Kens group after the split. I am not sure if you came with us or went with Phil and Ray group.

Thanks Martyn. Yes I think we have. It was last november and I decided to go with Ash and Kens group after the split. I am not sure if you came with us or went with Phil and Ray group.
    Well, I can't remember Phil and Ray specifically, but I do recall that I took the group round the Grisedale Tarn route - it was a useful exercise, we reached the summit a good five minutes before you didn't we? I always thought the Cofa Pike route was slower. I also remember finding some nice grassy terraces to come down Fairfield, useless in the dark unfortunately.

It's all coming back now. Didn't we charge up Steel Fell just for the hell of it when we reached Dunmail?
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners

Just slightly at a tangent - Adnan - having a quick whizz through the BG members list couldn't readily see any Khan's (or Patel's for that matter) - you could be the 1st person of asian origin to complete the round........unless I get in before you

Quote Originally Posted by Moorlander View Post
    Hi Adnan, I get up the lakes every few weeks and am up for recces. For all the advice you will need get down to Sunderland Strollers. They have a least two runners who have completed the BGR.
    Couple of dodgy ones them though......be careful

Martyn, Ray is Ken's brother and Phil was with me at the front. That's the link of our run that day http://www.endomondo.com/workouts/27789168 . I was tracking it on my mobile. I am not sure which peak was that but I tracked mile 5 just over 8 minutes. I didn't go up Fairfield because I didn't have any energy left by then as I wasn't eating or drinking anything and what made it worse that I had to stop for a crap half way through. I was fasting on that day, that's why I remember it very well as I let myself asking for punishment

Quote Originally Posted by Manhar View Post
    Just slightly at a tangent - Adnan - having a quick whizz through the BG members list couldn't readily see any Khan's (or Patel's for that matter) - you could be the 1st person of asian origin to complete the round........unless I get in before you
    So you thinking about making history Manhar ? Don't know when you are thinking of doing it but what if we can attempt it the same day :thumbup: