Thread: Buffalo Teclite or Activelite

Buffalo Teclite or Activelite

Hiya,

Can anybody tell me the difference between the Buffalo Teclite and the Activelite. I've been all around my local stockists in the Merseyside and West Cheshire areas to have a look at them but people only stock the Special 6 in these parts.

I want one a little warmer than my Windshirt and technical t-shirt combo; getting older and some fat stripping means for the first time in my life I'm feeling the cold, but I cook when I'm stood still in a Special 6 or Mountainshirt.

The Teclite or Activelite seem to fit the bill for me especially as I can throw my Windshirt over the top when out walking. However, I'm struggling to see the difference between the two apart from the fact that the Activelite looks more trendy and the Teclite looks more outdoorsy.

Ta in advance

Paul

Re: Buffalo Teclite or Activel

Needlesports used to have a big range of buffalo stuff. It might be worth giving them a ring to see what they have to say.
    Looking at the website I think the teclite is what your after for running.
    Last edited by Graeme78; 20-10-2012 at 09:44 AM.

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire

I have the techlite and it is way to warm to run in unless its about -20!
    Great to have in a winter day sack though as it is light windproof and a very warm. Been out walking in subzero temps with nothing other than a longsleeve tech t or a merino woll base layer - perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    I have the techlite and it is way to warm to run in unless its about -20!
    Great to have in a winter day sack though as it is light windproof and a very warm. Been out walking in subzero temps with nothing other than a longsleeve tech t or a merino woll base layer - perfect!
    Agree. I've had a techlite for years but way it's too hot for running in. You could try a Helly sportswool mix but you'll be steaming in that too I reckon, perhaps less so than the techlite. Try Penrith Survival - they have the widest range of Buffalo I know of (ok website and they're situated just off the A66 near Appleby so only 20 mins from the north Lakes)
    Am Yisrael Chai

Cheers Guys,

I thought they'd be too hot for running, I tend to overheat in the Windshirt when I've got a pace on. Penrith survival is great; I used to go there a lot when I lived just outside Whitehaven and that's where I got my Windshirt from. I think I'll have to wait until I'm up that way again and drop in or get on the phone to the stockists mentioned above to ask the difference between the two tops. Actually I've just found the "Ask an Expert" section on the Buffalo website, so I'll ask the manufacturer.

Your advice suggests that the teclite is what I'm after. The Activelite seems to not have a hood and and isn't made of Pertex; so less breathable maybe?