Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Darren Holloway (Pennine)

Re: Darren Holloway (Pennine)

Been away from here for a few days. This is really shocking. Sympathies to Darren's family and friends.

What a loss, I didn't know Daz well but over the last three years of taking photo's of fell races or running in them, Daz was often at the same races and was always one of the faces I would look out for with the camera. A true Gent and will be missed by all.

Dobo http://www.fellrunner.net
    Attachment 6423

Causeypike fellrace 2012

I didn't know Daz but I followed his blog and ran in the same race a long way behind him. You had to admire his attitude and he gave us insight into the world of the cyclist. His advice to Olympic wanna be cyclists: 'take lots of breaks and stop at a cafe or two'. Too, right, just get out there.

He gave some of us a look into life for a Pennine runner. Recently, he displayed a picture of a local fox that he often meets leaving the house in the early hours en route to a race in The Lakes. Makes you appreciate looking out of a Kendal the window to see how the weather's doing at gone eight on a race day.

Not least though, he encouraged the idea that improvement comes from a lot 'more training'.

A little tribute to him today

pic.twitter.com/h4Yq6eTy
    mooandhuw.blogspot.com

Didn't know Daz in person except through this forum and once when shouting "come on Daz" at the end of the Three Peaks and he turned round and gave me a big smile and a wave though he didn't know me and must have been knackered, but always looked for his posts and followed his adventures with Badger on his blog, even from the "Getting a dog" thread on here. Such a wise, kind, fair, thoughtful, selfless and, yes quite mischevious bloke, and one of the few who was absolutely on the side of the angels. I can't believe he'll never post here again but what an inspiration, his positive attitude and love of life and the hills shone through. Love and strength to his family. Run well Daz, run forever.
    Grok on!

Pennine Fellrunners will be out in force at the relay on Sunday as a tribute to Daz. We originally had 4 teams entered, but when a large number of our members showed an interest in turning out for our friend, the organisers very kindly allowed us 3 extra teams - thanks Mercia. Club captain, Dave Ward, has done a brilliant job rallying the troops and sorting out 7 teams. Not bad for a small club. Dave has also taken on the difficult task of running Daz's anchor leg - I know he won't let him down.

Wherever you look on Sunday the Shropshire Hills will be covered in Pennine vests - some of us won't be running too fast, but who cares? Please give us all a shout and a wave as you go past. I'm certain this is what Daz would've wanted. It's the least we can do.

See you all in Church Stretton.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffB View Post
    Pennine Fellrunners will be out in force at the relay on Sunday as a tribute to Daz. We originally had 4 teams entered, but when a large number of our members showed an interest in turning out for our friend, the organisers very kindly allowed us 3 extra teams - thanks Mercia. Club captain, Dave Ward, has done a brilliant job rallying the troops and sorting out 7 teams. Not bad for a small club. Dave has also taken on the difficult task of running Daz's anchor leg - I know he won't let him down.

Wherever you look on Sunday the Shropshire Hills will be covered in Pennine vests - some of us won't be running too fast, but who cares? Please give us all a shout and a wave as you go past. I'm certain this is what Daz would've wanted. It's the least we can do.

wow what a great tribute. see you all on Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffB View Post

Have a good un Pennine, nice touch by Mercia
    Hills and Guinness!

I'm really looking forward to sunday, lets all get out there and run as hard as we can and enjoy the fells as a tribute to him, I'm sure thats what Daz would want!

I didn't know Daz but he had a great presence on these forums, he always seemed like a really decent guy with a massive interest in people and this wonderful sport that we love. Praying for comfort for his family in their sadness.