Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Darren Holloway (Pennine)

Banned

Re: Darren Holloway (Pennine)

Ran Wasdale show in a rememberance shirt and there were loads of people who pasted their regards to family and friends of Daz.

Credit to fell runners and fell running.

It was a moving day for me and my memories. Last time I saw him was Scafell pike race a couple of weeks ago.

Didn't know about Daz's blog until this week. Its great stuff, putting the world to right etc and just telling it like it is. Perhaps a fitting tribute to the guy would be for us to continue the blog in the same spirit- is this possible (technically I mean)? In trying to remember our races together a few years ago ( i.e. when he was slower than more recently) I found this quote on his blog about Skiddaw '09 "...me and the other lad just lod in, happy with our positions. We cross the finish line and collapse after shaking hands". He's right we did kind of 'lod in', we were happy, and of course we shook hands. Great times.. cheers Daz.
    Here's to the laid back fell runner...

A very respectfully observed minute's silence followed by warm applause for Darren at Langdale today.

I love this sentence!

He will be sadly missed by all of us who only remember seeing his smiling face on the start line, and his heels thereafter.

http://parwich.org/2012/10/09/a-trib...k-fell-runner/

I have been away for a few days and only just picked up onthis thread, I never knew Daz , but from the posts already he seems to incorporate everything I would admire in a Fell runner and person in general. His passing must be a lost to us all.

My thoughts are with his family and friends, such a great loss, RIP or perhaps never rest, just keep hammering out them big hill reps and long rides in the next world.

Kev

Quote Originally Posted by Rev Richard View Post
    Ewan MacColl’s song “The Joy of Living” seems to sum up alot of the feelings expressed above. Fellrunners will appreciate the pictures on this youtube clip too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sseyUtOvetA
    just got around to listening to that- very nice. brings back great memories of my day out on Suilven, many years ago
    Last edited by DrPatrickBarry; 15-10-2012 at 03:39 PM.

Respectful silence observed for Daz H at Levisham Fell Race on the North York Moors this morning. It certainly made me love every moment of the race, even when it was hard to.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairyfeet View Post
    Respectful silence observed for Daz H at Levisham Fell Race on the North York Moors this morning.
    I thought it was good to see too, and I found my mind wandering a couple of times whilst running over the moor.
    Frequent but moderate workouts on a consistent basis are the key to success

23miles due West of British West Hartlepool

Still in shock, found out about Daz today, very sad news, all tributes to Daz on here very well deserved. Will be sadly missed. RIP Daz.
    LOST TIME IS NEVER FOUND AGAIN, WHAT WE CALL TIME ENOUGH ALWAYS PROVES LITTLE ENOUGH.

just looked at the last message Daz sent me a few months back (re. bike racing). His last words were this:

You would be fine with the cat 3/4 lot. Only thing you will find is some of them cannot handle a bike. Skills can be terrible in cat 4 races.
    Hey well done on the big miles. Enter some races before you're too old to regret it

I've just entered one Daz, cheers mate.