Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BGR attempt this Saturday 25th

BGR attempt this Saturday 25th

Hi all,

After supporting on a number of occasions I have decided to try and complete the round myself. I'm over whelmed at the support I have received for my attempt and would like to thank all involved. If any forum followers are in the area on Saturday please say hello as we pass by. I will be leaving Moot Hall at midnight 24th / 25th. May I also wish the attempt taking place on the 26th the best of look and that we are both blessed with good weather.
    You may have noticed I'm waffelling a bit, its the nerves they have really kicked in now with the thought of the task in front of me but after months of training I will stand tall and hope to full fill a dream, like most one that I have carried for years.

Well done to all who completed the round in the recent bad weather regardless of the time it was like being there whilst following the trackers and to those that still have to share their fate with destiny.

Dave aka wingman

Re: BGR attempt this Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by wingman View Post
    Hi all,

After supporting on a number of occasions I have decided to try and complete the round myself. I'm over whelmed at the support I have received for my attempt and would like to thank all involved. If any forum followers are in the area on Saturday please say hello as we pass by. I will be leaving Moot Hall at midnight 24th / 25th. May I also wish the attempt taking place on the 26th the best of look and that we are both blessed with good weather.
    You may have noticed I'm waffelling a bit, its the nerves they have really kicked in now with the thought of the task in front of me but after months of training I will stand tall and hope to full fill a dream, like most one that I have carried for years.

Well done to all who completed the round in the recent bad weather regardless of the time it was like being there whilst following the trackers and to those that still have to share their fate with destiny.

Dave aka wingman
    What time you due in Wasdale pal ? Am camping will come and cheer you on

oh yeah and good luck. Its easy pal ;-) just remember its all in the head you go into it with doubts you'll fail,no matter how shit you feel stay focused and positive and you'll get around

Thanks for your encouragement, I should reach Wasdale between 2.30 and 3 pm.

Best of luck Dave. I hope to be able to celebrate your return to the Moot Hall, before setting off into the night myself.

Andrew

Good luck to you. Go get it :thumbup:

Hey up Wingman - its gunna be an epic day and after this winters weather we've trained through the forecast seems to be shaping up nicely (and for the guy youre handing the baton on to).
    Only one more (fitful) nights sleep to endure and we can get this show on the road - see you at basecamp late afternoon m8.

Hopefully I have done this right, this is a link to the tracker James has kindly loaned me whilst I do the Bob Graham Round.
    http://maps.opentracking.co.uk/bg2013.cfm?n=2

The clouds have rolled back, the wind has eased, the tops are clear and the sun is shining - can this be real? Wingman having a nap - im trying to but mind is racing, game on!!!

Best of luck Dave. The weather is looking good and I hope you have a good one.