Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: BG Attempt 17/18th May 2013

Re: BG 17/18th May 2013

Quote Originally Posted by DazTheSlug View Post
    me again
    slight delay while I got official confirmation of date :wink:
    6:30pm start for me
    already had one kind offer of support, and I haven't even started asking people yet!

one slightly unusual aspect to my situation is that I am also appealing for road support - so anybody out there who doesn't feel as though they'll be fit enough for hill support can still be useful!
    Daz do you want to start your own thread so it does not get confused witht this one? ps Leg 1 for me if you are going on the 17th at 6.30??
    Also does anybody know when Stolly is going again?
    Going to try again....

Quote Originally Posted by Amex View Post
    Also does anybody know when Stolly is going again?
    Yes I do Amex .

As things stand I'm going again on the morning of 22nd June on an anti round with my co-failee from my very first attempt last year Gavin. As far as support and whatnot go I think we are likely to have a core bunch in place but I was leaving things until nearer the time should we need added help. To be honest though I'm sure anyone is free to join in - anticlockwise makes for a really interesting change of perspective and is definitely the way to go

In the same vein I am being very slow coming forward offering support for other's rounds next year unfortunately, mainly because of my completely crazy position at home (I have long split from my wife but we are still living in the same house until we manage to sell it - its been on the market now for yonks now which doesn't help with either my planning... or my sanity). I will though be offering support (Daz and others) once I know better what the fecks going on... and providing I don't come a cropper in a frenzied psycho attack before the house is sold

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    Yes I do Amex .

As things stand I'm going again on the morning of 22nd June on an anti round with my co-failee from my very first attempt last year Gavin. As far as support and whatnot go I think we are likely to have a core bunch in place but I was leaving things until nearer the time should we need added help. To be honest though I'm sure anyone is free to join in - anticlockwise makes for a really interesting change of perspective and is definitely the way to go

In the same vein I am being very slow coming forward offering support for other's rounds next year unfortunately, mainly because of my completely crazy position at home (I have long split from my wife but we are still living in the same house until we manage to sell it - its been on the market now for yonks now which doesn't help with either my planning... or my sanity). I will though be offering support (Daz and others) once I know better what the fecks going on... and providing I don't come a cropper in a frenzied psycho attack before the house is sold
    That's the weekend of Midsummer Madness so i will be committed to that as its three races in three days, as soon as your date is sorted let us know and if it changes i am willing to help, in my defence i have done leg 2 17 times and will kick your arse when you need it if going anti.

Good luck with the other stuff going on cant be easy for anybody, hope it all works out for the best. Chin up pal
    Going to try again....

Quote Originally Posted by Amex View Post
    Daz do you want to start your own thread so it does not get confused with this one? ps Leg 1 for me if you are going on the 17th at 6.30??
    Thanks Amex, and congratulations on being my first confirmed support slot! :thumbup:

I don't think I need my own thread really - I'm not going to use it for the minutiae of organising support - more for general appeals
    I will contact/organise people mostly via email
    so if anybody who I don't already know wants to offer help, PM me your email address...
    Scramble the rock face through the glare of morning sun — to run

I have just put another update on my blog on the latest BG recce

http://adventuresofafellrunner.blogspot.co.uk/

Re: BG Attempt 17/18th May 201

hello Mark. I'm planning new recces in may and why not to be with you for 1,2 or 3 legs... to be confirmed by me and by you

Daz's Weekly Update:

raising of support seems to be going well - quite a few definites, plus a few consulting their diaries!
    exclusively hill-support though - could do with a few volunteers for road-support...

took day off work yesterday and did Leg 1 plus Clough Head - 7100ft ascent, all pretty much at target pace, so happy with that at this stage...

Put me down for the road Daz. Even if I can't get the Friday night off I can get up to Newlands for your arrival I'm sure!! P.S. 17ths my birthday so I definately will require cake!!

Ah! I am assuming you mean the final road section and not general road crossing support!? Because at present I could only assist from Honister though as we get closer I'll work on getting the friday off or a change to days. :thumbup:
    Last edited by that_fjell_guy; 10-01-2013 at 06:48 PM. Reason: ...sudden thought!!
    I M Povey New Marske Harriers
    http://manwithoutashed.blogspot.com

Hi dlieven, i will send you a pm regarding recces

Quote Originally Posted by dlieven View Post
    hello Mark. I'm planning new recces in may and why not to be with you for 1,2 or 3 legs... to be confirmed by me and by you

nope, I mean any and all road support!
    I'll put you down as a possible for Honister and Newlands, if you're sure you want to spend your birthday that way!
    I'll be emailing everybody soon, as things start to take shape... :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by that_fjell_guy View Post
    Put me down for the road Daz. Even if I can't get the Friday night off I can get up to Newlands for your arrival I'm sure!! P.S. 17ths my birthday so I definately will require cake!!

Ah! I am assuming you mean the final road section and not general road crossing support!? Because at present I could only assist from Honister though as we get closer I'll work on getting the friday off or a change to days. :thumbup: