Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Club affiliation question

Re: Club affiliation question

Quote Originally Posted by Corniceman View Post
    Ian

this is exactly the issue I have. i would ideally like to join a fell only club but cant because Notts AC are affilliated with UKA for fell. This means if I leave Notts and join a fell club I cant then run as second claim for Notts or anyone ellse who has fell affiliation as things like the N Midds X/C league only allow first claim runners. Perhaps the way forward is still to join a club that has a fell team and also competes in X/C leagues? perhaps that is a certain N Notts club!?
    Sounds like an excellent solution for you Simon, it would be great to race you as a teammate :-)

Ian

this is exactly the issue I have. i would ideally like to join a fell only club but cant because Notts AC are affilliated with UKA for fell. This means if I leave Notts and join a fell club I cant then run as second claim for Notts or anyone ellse who has fell affiliation as things like the N Midds X/C league only allow first claim runners. Perhaps the way forward is still to join a club that has a fell team and also competes in X/C leagues? perhaps that is a certain N Notts club!?
    Not quite.
    If you run 1st Claim for a Fell Only Club, when you join another club you automatically become 1st claim for your 2nd club in the other discplines.

Let me give you some examples

1st Claim Clayton (Fell, Road, XC) 2nd Claim Blackburn H (all except Race Walking) means you can run track 1st claim Blackburn and that is recognised as 1st claim under league rules as they are the first claim Track and Field Club.
    But you would be 2nd Claim Blackburn for Fell, Road and XC so could not compete for them other than Track unless the rules of the event allowed it.

1st Claim Bowland (Fell), 2nd Claim Blackburn means that you can run road, XC and track for Blackburn and it is as a 1st claim athlete.

now for a really complicated one :-
    1st Claim Bowland (Fell), 2nd Claim Clayton and then another 2nd claim Blackburn.

You would then in effect be 1st Claim :-
    Fell - Bowland
    Cross Country and Road - Clayton
    Track - Blackburn

So you can have 3 clubs as first claim for competition by using the system and I now athletes that do.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    Not quite.
    If you run 1st Claim for a Fell Only Club, when you join another club you automatically become 1st claim for your 2nd club in the other discplines.

Let me give you some examples

1st Claim Clayton (Fell, Road, XC) 2nd Claim Blackburn H (all except Race Walking) means you can run track 1st claim Blackburn and that is recognised as 1st claim under league rules as they are the first claim Track and Field Club.
    But you would be 2nd Claim Blackburn for Fell, Road and XC so could not compete for them other than Track unless the rules of the event allowed it.

1st Claim Bowland (Fell), 2nd Claim Blackburn means that you can run road, XC and track for Blackburn and it is as a 1st claim athlete.

now for a really complicated one :-
    1st Claim Bowland (Fell), 2nd Claim Clayton and then another 2nd claim Blackburn.

You would then in effect be 1st Claim :-
    Fell - Bowland
    Cross Country and Road - Clayton
    Track - Blackburn

So you can have 3 clubs as first claim for competition by using the system and I now athletes that do.
    Sounds a bit like being bisexual to me :closed:
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Well if you need to discuss it with anyone....

Thankyou all for some most useful info.

Ian

Simon, obviously that's entirely your decision, but I can say with some confidence that you would be made most welcome at a certain N Notts club
    Do what you like, like what you do

Andrew,

Richard's later examples sounded more trisexual than bisexual!!

Wouldn't want to discuss it ..... the mere thought of the practise gives me a headache!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

Quote Originally Posted by wheezing donkey View Post
    Andrew,

Richard's later examples sounded more trisexual than bisexual!!

Wouldn't want to discuss it ..... the mere thought of the practise gives me a headache!!!
    You know yourself WD that as much as your members at Bowland love the club and it's approach to running that members still want to experience running with a team on road or XC (and I think I recall one of yours even venturing on to track once :w00t

But I agree the rules and restrictions on this 1st claim / 2nd claim are just silly and over-complicated which stem from a previous era. They should be changed, but the problem is the people who would be tasked with changing them are probably so out of touch with the reality of our sport that they'd come up with something worse.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by wheezing donkey View Post
    Trisexuality, running on the road or heaven forbid, the track? :thunbdown::w00t:
    Poacher turned game-keeper