Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Border Collie, well trained

Re: Border Collie, well traine

Oh no! I really hope you find her soon. It sounds like you are just what she needs.

So sorry to hear this have some idea how your feeling we lost ours when he was around 3 months old ,slipped his lead while i'd nipped in shop, first time he'd been that way thru' a maze of alleyways ,searched all afternoon and night but cos' that area was unfamiliar to him was losing hope no sightings of him despite loads of helpers we returned home around midnight, 6am next morning he was barking at back door apart from hot paws seemed fine ,still dont know how he managed it.
    Really hope it turns out well for you

I'm so sorry she's run away as everything seemed to be going so well. I do hope you find her soon, best of luck.
    Linda Murgatroyd, Calder Valley Fell Runners

We still don't have her home. She has been sighted today in Bamford and again on Snake Road. Three people have tried to coax her to them but she ran away from them as she was scared. Not sure how to get around that when we do get to her. We have been everywhere today putting up posters and giving out slips of paper with our number on to walkers, runners and even cyclists. The comments and help we have received today from our outdoor community have been so wonderful i'v been in tears a lot!! My hubby has walked and ran miles today when ever we got a sighting we headed that way but she was gone and no one could catch her.
    What kind of life leaves a little dog that scared that loving gestures makes her run away. I'd like to put my boot up the arse of the rubbish excuse of a human being that did that to such a lovely little dog.
    Fingers crossed tomorrow will bring her home. Thank you for all the good wishes everyone. X

Oh you poor things, i feel terrible for you and for the dog. I'm really annoyed with my friend that she gave me such inaccurate info about the dog. Had it been known how nervous she was maybe this could have been prevented. Anyway, these things happen, and its good that she's been seen in the same areas. I had this happen with a dog i was dog sitting for an angry-type bloke and it was so nervous i couldn't catch it, it was terrified of everything. Eventually i just sat near it and threw bits of tasty food. After 9 hours of this it walked into my garden.. hopefully your girl will do the same.

Let us know any news.. if i see the farmer i'll see if i can do boot up arse by proxy for you.. or let down tractor tyres!

Release the tractor hand brake while he is standing in front of it maybe...

Did I really just say that? I cannot stand people that treat animals that badly I hope the little collie returns to you safe and well and you can continue your good work with her!

Quote Originally Posted by Longdogs View Post
    Oh you poor things, i feel terrible for you and for the dog. I'm really annoyed with my friend that she gave me such inaccurate info about the dog. Had it been known how nervous she was maybe this could have been prevented. Anyway, these things happen, and its good that she's been seen in the same areas. I had this happen with a dog i was dog sitting for an angry-type bloke and it was so nervous i couldn't catch it, it was terrified of everything. Eventually i just sat near it and threw bits of tasty food. After 9 hours of this it walked into my garden.. hopefully your girl will do the same.

Let us know any news.. if i see the farmer i'll see if i can do boot up arse by proxy for you.. or let down tractor tyres!
    “the cause of my pain, was the cause of my cure” Rumi

Glad to hear she has been spotted a few times at least, and you are obviously doing everything possible to get her back. If only we could reason with them and tell them it will be alright! All this because of such a terrible previous owner. I don't know how people can be like that.

Yes, all the best with the search. At least you know you're doing all that you can!

Let's hope the farmer gets the equivalent some time.
    Josh Hubbard - Ambleside AC

Off out now to do a route of all the farms to inform them she is in the area but is no threat to their stock and to leave our contact details if they spot her. Im also going to buy some liver!! Apparently I have to over cook it then cut it into small pieces and rub the smell all over my hands. Yuk!! If it works though then great. Dogs can't resist I'm told. Vets all informed, dog warden informed, dogs lost site informed, posters everywhere. I'm going up to Snake Pass later and I'm going to take a run down towards the reservoir opposite Hagg Farm as she has been seen in this area on Saturday and yesterday. I was worried sick when I found out she was wandering on Snake Road but the reports i'v had is she keeps to the verges and I phoned the rescue lady this morning who told me she comes from a farm next to a very busy lane and has road sense. That is good news. I do hope we get her back but I think when we do we have a lot of work ahead of us so she feels happy and safe. Fingers crossed

Good luck with the search RTS, it sounds like she's in the area and you will get her to come to you with patience.

As for the future, collie dogs are a nervous lot anyway, so you do have to take that into account. However, in the last 3 months, ours has gone from bolting at the sound of a shinty ball being hit by a shinty stick (ran flat out for about half a mile with me desperately chasing!) to now being off the lead with me on the hill, staying close by my side through a flock of sheep, and obeying my command "close" when we spotted a herd of deer just up the hillside. They are very intelligent dogs and learn quickly once they learn to trust you.

Good luck, I look forward to hearing that you're reunited.
    Loving life in the Highlands

blog