Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Border Collie, well trained

Re: Border Collie, well traine

Quote Originally Posted by Flopsy View Post
    So sorry to hear that. Try not too feel bad as it does happen. We adopted a rescue collie earlier on this year. He had been abused and can be anxious about some things too. He spooked not long after we got him and slipped his collar too (collies have such skinny heads and can wriggle backards so well) but luckily he just bolted down the road and hid behind a wall. We walked him on a harness for a while after that until we were sure he had relaxed a bit. It makes me so cross at how some people have treated their dogs in the past and the terrible effects it has on them long term.

I really hope you find her soon and please let us all know when you get her home safe and well.
    Agree re the harness.. Our two collies can both slip their collars when they decide they no longer want to be on the lead.. a few times I've looked down and just found a collar on the floor..

Good luck with the search, I found a collie early this year and drove around the local farms leaving my number and got called a few hours later, she was clearly a working dog. But it took me a while to coax her into the landrover, I'm not sure she'd have got in a car..

They are tough resourceful dogs.

Another sighting on the Snake Pass Road. Just 15mins ago. Nigel has jumped in the car and headed up there to see if he can find her. One of the farmers saw her and thinks she may of been in their yard last night. They are helping to see if they can catch her. Good news she is staying in same area, bad news it's the Snake! Fingers crossed for her to come home. I've stayed at home with the phone as no signal up there incase someone else contacts us with another sighting.

Oh! Dear!! This must be so distressing for you all!! I hope you have all the luck you need getting her back!! As others have said, at least she's staying around a specific area. Hopefully she'll get hungry and go to a local farmer! All the best!
    I M Povey New Marske Harriers
    http://manwithoutashed.blogspot.com

It's really positive that she's staying in one area and heading for shelter, especially as i believe she was only spayed on friday?. rampaging round the moors all night in the freezing cold is not recommended post-op regime! But as has been said, they are such tough dogs even if they have those mental quirks which make them so special. Big fingers crossed.. and waiting for good news. Hopefully this farmer can trap her in a shed or something.

Quote Originally Posted by RaceTheSweeper View Post
    Another sighting on the Snake Pass Road. Just 15mins ago. Nigel has jumped in the car and headed up there to see if he can find her. One of the farmers saw her and thinks she may of been in their yard last night. They are helping to see if they can catch her. Good news she is staying in same area, bad news it's the Snake! Fingers crossed for her to come home. I've stayed at home with the phone as no signal up there incase someone else contacts us with another sighting.
    Whereabouts on the snake...I might be driving over from Glossop in the morning so can keep a look out.

We didn't get her but the path she took was seen too. Nigel sat in the dark with food for her but she didn't show herself. We are heading up to her last sighting at dawn to see if we can spot her. Not going to call out to her but if we do spot her we are going to play the long game and sit with food for a while each day. We will leave her food too so she returns to the same spot and hopefully she will come to us before we get frost bite mid January! Feel really heartened that she is being seen in same area and so many people looking out for her. Very nervous about snake pass though. Thank you for all the advice on here too it is very much appreciated and being taken on board.

Quote Originally Posted by cyclops View Post
    Whereabouts on the snake...I might be driving over from Glossop in the morning so can keep a look out.
    Coming from Glossop it's on the left before you get to the lay-by where the sandwich van parks. There is a sign that says butty van and just to the side of that there is a path that leads up the hill. She has also been spotted along that stretch of road just at the junction of Hagg Farm. If you do spot her my number is 07864161672. Thank you

Any news? I'll be driving over the snake tomorrow or thursday so will keep an eye out.. Not quite sure where you mean, around the corner from the golf course or much higher up above the reservoir?

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    Any news? I'll be driving over the snake tomorrow or thursday so will keep an eye out.. Not quite sure where you mean, around the corner from the golf course or much higher up above the reservoir?
    Hi Ian, we havnt heard any more news today but the sightings have all been around dusk and into the evening when she seems to cross the road at that time. She has been seen on several occasions on the Snake Rd (coming from the reservoir) between Two Thorne fields Farm and Hagg Farm. She has been seen higher up towards Snake Inn but that was on the day she went missing. She seems now to of settled on the lower part. I spoke to the man who owns the Snack Van that sits in the Lay-by today and he has not seen her so I don't think she is going that far down. Thanks for any help you can give us x
    Last edited by RaceTheSweeper; 06-11-2012 at 06:08 PM.

I drove Glossop-Ladybower about 10.30am and back again about an hour ago, sorry to report I didn't see anything. Have you spoken to the guys doing the roadworks, maybe they might keep an eye out for you?