Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Border Collie, well trained

Re: Border Collie, well traine

So sorry that she's not home safe yet. I keep checking the forum for news. Fingers and toes crosssed that someone can coax her to safety soon. x

I've been checking all day too, I hope she's found soon.
    Linda Murgatroyd, Calder Valley Fell Runners

No sightings today but maybe that is because she has finally realised the road is bit scary. 1st & second day she went missing the Snake was closed so she was probably running along quite happy. Did find out today though that she played with the other dogs on the farm quiet happy and the she would probably go to a woman with border collies. I know there is a lady up at Snake that breeds border collies for farmers but can't find out her name. I'll do a little detective work tomorrow. We went up at 1st light then i spent some time sitting up there for most of the morning and I went for a run from Yorkshire Bridge up to the Iron bridge on the other side of the reservoir below Hope Cross. Nigel went up straight from work and walked around the farm land for 2hrs.
    When we get her home she isn't going out without a harness. I'm sure she will grow to trust us and be very happy in time. Can't wait to find her.

Do you know if she was trained to respond to a whistle? Many dogs will respond to the sound of a whistle, which will travel much further than the sound of your voice, then you can try and tempt her in with food. A bit of raw turkey perhaps???

You never know what you're getting with a rescued dog. As well as the harness initally, we have had to put up trellis on the walls, and the gate always has to be shut, otherwise he will bolt. He loves it here and is happy as anything but something in him means he has an urge to run and explore. Perhaps because he was locked up indoors for 18 months. But we love him and just accept that we have to accommodate him and gradually work to overcome his insecurities.

I wish you luck and please continue with the updates.

Ive just caught up on this thread after initially seeing the very first couple of posts. Im gutted but have my fingers crossed, nothing else I can say that has not already been said. All the very best for finding her and giving her the love that she deserves and needs.
    Paul C.

... continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.

Todays plan. We are heading up to the wood between Crookhill Farm and Two thornfields Farm. The farmers think she is holed up in there. The dogs she was bought up with and used to play with and the farmers wife (who is genuinely distressed that Winnie is missing) are coming along too. She thinks Winnie will come out for her if she is hiding and Winnie loved the other dogs. For some reason the Farmer took a dislike to Winnie 3 yrs ago and wanted rid. She is also bringing with her Winnies bedding from the outbuilding and some bedding and smells of the dogs and an old jumper that smells of her. If we don't find Winnie today we will have a smell she relates to that we can use to scent an area when she is sighted again. Everyone please continue to look out for her and call us if she is spotted. X

Good luck today RTS.

I have just had a message that Winnie has been found! Awaiting confirmation first hand though from RTS... hope it's true. If so, bloody well done all

Oh I do hope so. Fingers crossed your news is right. :thumbup:

I hope so to!!!