Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: BGR June 2013

Re: BGR June 2013

Cheers Kev keep me informed on your plans too mate

Quote Originally Posted by old un View Post
    well they say it comes in three's and im the third im sorry to say , im having to pull out of my attempt for this year. ive had an injury thats devoloped into a hernia probably with over training and work.ive spoke to all invoved and would id like to say thanks for all the help and advice from everyone and was good to meet everyone ill be back in training when im sorted for another bash next year, the glass is half full and i get to spend longer on the route learning which im really enjoying and didnt realise how absorbing it would be and get to support a few more rounds. my good freind bill is still going so the attempt is still on and ill be there in support and will be playing a part in the rounds ive commited too. roy empty your inbox mate !!!
    regards
    simon
    Just to add my tuppence. It's been a real blow that me and Simon are unable to complete the Bob Graham together as we'd planned. We've been talking about doing it, plannining it and training together for the last 12 months or more. As Simon says I'm still on track and planning to go for it 14th June as we'd planned, all being well with Simon on a leg or two as support.

I think we've both come to realise that doing the BG is only the icing on the cake as it were, the journey is much better than the destination - we've had some cracking days in the Lakes this year and made some great friends along the way. As you say old un plenty more trips to come :thumbup:

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Arkel View Post

I think we've both come to realise that doing the BG is only the icing on the cake as it were, the journey is much better than the destination - we've had some cracking days in the Lakes this year and made some great friends along the way. As you say old un plenty more trips to come :thumbup:

Bill
    I totally agree with the journey being fantastic Bill (especially as I've yet to reach the destination ). I do think that some BGRers take the whole thing far too seriously and, maybe, forget to enjoy the journey while they're at it . As for old un, here's hoping you get back at 'em swiftly.

Thats hard luck Old Un! Just an aside, I've ran for the last 5 or 6 years with a hernia, including BG recce etc. I'm assuming you've been to the doc and they've advised you rest. It may be mines not as bad as yours I guess. Good luck with the training and attempt, whenever you decide to go.
    I M Povey New Marske Harriers
    http://manwithoutashed.blogspot.com

thanks fjell guy, yes ive had an hernia before an ran with it until it got fixed although this abit more complicated as it feels liked ive been kicked in the stomach and the nuts with a distended stomach on one side and ive lost qiute a bit of blood too , it all gets worse with exercise and over the last four weeks got worse each trip to lakes and its affecting work etc too now so time to back off and get it sorted. got a scan in 3 weeks so find out whats going on aand take it from there but thanks for the words of encouragement :thumbup:

thanks fjell guy, yes ive had an hernia before an ran with it until it got fixed although this abit more complicated as it feels liked ive been kicked in the stomach and the nuts with a distended stomach on one side and ive lost qiute a bit of blood too , it all gets worse with exercise and over the last four weeks got worse each trip to lakes and its affecting work etc too now so time to back off and get it sorted. got a scan in 3 weeks so find out whats going on aand take it from there but thanks for the words of encouragement :thumbup:
    Ouch. That sounds more painfull than you were letting on when we talked. Will send you a pm.

no probs jack we can reasses next weekend and have a chat, but will be there to run or taxi about mate :thumbup:

Great. Any help appreciated - but dont worry about running a leg. You and Bill have got it all sorted, so thanks again.

Ah!! Does sound a bit worse than mine!!! Good luck...enjoy the rest as best you can!
    I M Povey New Marske Harriers
    http://manwithoutashed.blogspot.com

Great run over leg 3 from seathwaite and most of 4 today with Tahr. Didn't see too much in the clag and rain, but near 10 hours on the feet is all good prep. Leg 1 tomorrow :-)