Thread: Bishops Castle Tandem Trialth!

Bishops Castle Tandem Trialth!

Well you have just missed this years!!!!!

Mostly the first Saturday in July... this year it crept into June.... quite a few of the usual (fell running) suspects there, mostly of the Welsh Marches variety, but a few KFR'ers & a couple of DPFR'ers... the very very best event of it's kind.... not a fell race (hilly run over Bury Ditches).... just a fantastic event.... don't miss it next year....
    more here or here abouts www.tandeming.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=73&Itemi d=148

It's much more than special....
    Miss Muddy Paws Dad....
    Not clever & often stupid..

Re: Bishops Castle Tandem Tria

Luv Shack - I agree it's ace assuming it's the same as when I did it. Early 1990s. Got loads of plates for winning runner, and teams. On the steep hill down into Clun we got up to 57 miles/hour. Gosh you whizz on a tandem - and if you're on the back it's great just sitting there (peddling like mad) admiring the view....

Re: Bishops Castle Tandem Tria

Quote Originally Posted by socks View Post
    Luv Shack - I agree it's ace assuming it's the same as when I did it. Early 1990s. Got loads of plates for winning runner, and teams. On the steep hill down into Clun we got up to 57 miles/hour. Gosh you whizz on a tandem - and if you're on the back it's great just sitting there (peddling like mad) admiring the view....
    Blimey Socks had no idea you were there then!!! We (two) too have clocked 55/57mph going back down Colstey Bank towards the finish.... had plenty of skirmishes with shoppers & tractors in Clun too... last year & this year we (MC n me) did it on MC's Black Bomber (weighs a chuffin ton!)... in all the previous events (we've done em' all in BC) we've used MC's flying machine.... even got serious at one point (dreams of sub 2hrs!)... if MC get's his peepers fixed we'll be back on the flyer next year...
    even got asked to do the prize-givin this year.... don't think there will be a repeat.... not sure how well my own special prize of a sparkly thong, to the most esotericly & excitingly attired swimmer went down with the good clean living Tandem Folk & Burghers of Bishops C... did raise a few titters though....

Hope to see you there next year... generally the first Sat in July... truly magic event.... there were even some Dark Peakers ( www.dpfr.org.uk/index.php?p=car) at it!!!
    Miss Muddy Paws Dad....
    Not clever & often stupid..