Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Invov8 still sh*t

Re: Invov8 still sh*t

I bought a brand new pair of inov8 trail shoes off ebay for a bargain price so it's worth checking on there.

Keighley - a bit too near lancashire for comfort

Quote Originally Posted by Half pint View Post
    I bought a brand new pair of inov8 trail shoes off ebay for a bargain price so it's worth checking on there.
    That just makes them cheap sh*t.
    Coniv-8 not knowingly evidenced to improve performance

for those that disagree with antisocial there are some 'cheap' inov8s on sportpursuit at the moment- no many but good price on O rocs and some minimalist ones

Just got a pair of Inov-8 mudclaw 270's for £40.00 from http://www.faster-feet.com/catalog/c1_p1.html
    Last edited by LM; 04-11-2012 at 08:35 PM.
    Linda Murgatroyd, Calder Valley Fell Runners

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial View Post
    As title
    Cheap shot, but if they really are shot, get a new pair.:closed:
    Powered by Ugali.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial View Post
    As title
    Have you tried prising them open?
    Powered by Ugali.

Of course antisocial might be right and everyone else wrong.

However I have met Wayne a few times since he founded his company and his comments about where he planned to take his company were always interesting from a business point of view and his comments about styles, future markets & etc were always perceptive.

I am pleased that he has had the success I hoped he would achieve.
    INOV-8 FOUNDER WINS 2012 ENTREPRENUERIAL AWARD
    10 July 2012
    Ernst & Young has awarded Wayne Edy, founder of inov-8, the prestigious award of ‘Entrepreneur of the Year’ in the ‘Consumer Products and Services 2012’ category for the northern region of the UK.

The award recognises outstanding entrepreneurs who demonstrate excellence and extraordinary success in a number of areas including innovation, strategy, financial performance and social responsibility.
    In 2003, Wayne founded inov-8 Ltd, selling minimalist off-road shoes from the back of his car at trail and fell races. Today, inov-8 has become a leading player in the footwear market, trading in over fifty countries globally, and has leveraged the brands view of performance-focused minimalist products into packs, apparel and other complementary products.
    Turnover has increased year-on-year, and 2011, Wayne cracked the American market, with the f-lite™ becoming a very popular shoe within both Crossfit and functional fitness.
    Describing Wayne as “a true risk taker who gave his all to the business”, the judges recognised the growth Wayne has delivered for the company, with a vision of achieving £100 million turnover per annum within the next three to five years.
    On receiving the award Wayne said “It’s an honour to be recognised as ‘Entrepreneur of the Year’ in the ‘Consumer Products and Services 2012’ category. Since the conception of inov-8, we have focused on delivering exceptional products that meet the very specific needs of our customer base and that challenge the boundaries within our industry. This award recognises that as well as the hard work and determination of all the inov-8 staff. “

"...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Yes I'm really grateful to Antisocial for giving us this opportunity to express our thanks to Inov-8 for producing such excellent running shoes. Hats off to the man in the dress (last time I saw him anyway - I wouldn't recognise him in anything else).
    A quick stockcheck reveals:
    1 pair * Mudclaw 270 (knackered but serviceable)
    2 pairs * Mudclaw 272
    4 pairs * Roclite 315 (3 pairs with little rubber left on the heels, but I use 1 or 2 pairs every week)
    1 pair * Brooks that I'm never going to wear again on a run
    Andy Robinson
    Runfurther committee member
    Helsby Running Club

He has a good team that clearly care a great deal about what they produce, following a few of them on Twitter reveals that much.

However I struggle with most of their actual shoes, everything apart from X-Talons (which I consider to be brilliant) seem to trigger Achilles Tendonitis with me. And I certainly think they are overpriced.

Their bumbags are very good. I use the Racepac 3 and it is very stable and comfortable.
    Be Humble. Sit Down.

The horizontal bladder in their race rucksack and bumbag are genius!
    “the cause of my pain, was the cause of my cure” Rumi