Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Invov8 still sh*t

Re: Invov8 still sh*t

Yes they are expensive and do hurt the bank, but unless something sensational comes along, I cant see myself buying anything other than inov-8's for on the fells.

Ive had 4 pairs of X-talons 212 in 3 years. Two of them were worn until the soles came off and glue wouldnt work anymore, the 3rd pair is my current training pair (not just the fells, also across the local fields), and the 4th pair is still in the box in my wardrobe as I got them for a good price, saving them for next year.
    I also have the xtalon 190's which I race in.

Anitsocial may say what he wishes. People can buy whatever they want. I love Inov-8, and i'll continue to bang their drum.

I really like my INOV8s. Mudclaws for proper fells and Roclite 315s for longer traily stuff. Currently got a pair of Trailroc 255s which I thought might do the job of my worn out Roclites. They don't but they are nice shoes, lightweight and let your feet flex freely. Lovely on woodland trails. I even managed to pb a timetrial on road with them!

I always buy my roclites and mudclaws off the net at half price, I just start searching when the studs wear off and I start slipping about. They usually last me 5-600 miles comfortably and I often eek them out for longer. No complaints here except that the shop prices are ridiculous.
    'The birds are the keepers of our secrets'

Love the X-Talons for proper fell - they're like grippy slippers - but can't quite bring myself to stump up for a new pair at current prices.
    Roclites are my favourite shoe for distances above 30 miles.
    For big, solid and heavily studded shoes I now prefer the Cheviots to Mudclaws, and they're a fraction of the price.
    "Get yourself together, Jones" - Ray Davies

Inov8 are Sh*t hot IMO.:w00t:

Ok expensive if you don’t wait for them to come through in sales or buy from the small adds, but as fell runners shoes are the only thing we have to spend any amount of cash on and the sport must still be one of the least expensive of past times. Hell I work with guys who spend more on a Saturday night on the lash than the cost of a pair of new X-Talons.

There is no doubt that few shoes grip like mudclaws when thechips are down.
    Fair play to the chap, he has worked his nuts off to make his company a success, compare that to some bankers.

While I will try to avoid paying full price for them if Ican there are my shoe of choice.

ATB

Tahr

Last edited by Tahr; 05-11-2012 at 08:46 PM.

Oroc 280`s are amazing shoes, better grip than the Talon 212s ...

Keighley - a bit too near lancashire for comfort

Sports shoes unlimited continue to be stars, replacing the same purchase of sh*ttivate for the second time in 3 months (first time was on day of purchase). God knows how many times they have changed the shoddy crappivate sh*te that does not last 2 minutes for me over the years but they are true heroes.
    Coniv-8 not knowingly evidenced to improve performance

Didn't Kenny Stuart et al manage fine with Walshes?

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial View Post
    Sports shoes unlimited continue to be stars, replacing the same purchase of sh*ttivate for the second time in 3 months (first time was on day of purchase). God knows how many times they have changed the shoddy crappivate sh*te that does not last 2 minutes for me over the years but they are true heroes.
    Why do you still buy Inov8 if you're so convinced they're a bag o' shite? I'm no counsellor, but I don't think this is a healthy relationship for you. Stop buying them. Stop whining about them. Move on.
    Geoff Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by gazb View Post
    Didn't Kenny Stuart et al manage fine with Walshes?
    Yes 'they' did manage fine with Walshes, mainly coz they were about the only decent fellrunning shoe at the time but also because in 'those' days Walshes were well made; the uppers lasted enough to have at least one re-sole.

As for Anti's 'sh!te' rant; what does he know about fellrunning? It was a good ploy, however, for the inov8 founder Wayne to hire Anti and Graham to push his wares on here

Never had a problem with Inov8, they work well on the fells, which what I buy them to do. You can always get them cheaper if you hunt around and buy at the right time.

As for trail there are much cheaper/better options available...MT110 being one example 35 squid for a cracking trail shoe.