Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Invov8 still sh*t

Re: Invov8 still sh*t

I use NB 101 for all my training (currently £25 in Keswick and Shap BTW) and Xtalon 212 for races. They both feel similar on but the Xtalon keep you a bit more upright on the likes of Langdale.

I like Walshes but when you are used to a more flexible shoe be careful about going back- 'Oh I've not worn these for ages, I wonder what they are like' I ended up hyper extending my knee!
    Bleeding heart, pinko, liberal. (no safety pins)

I think we need a thread intended to slag of executive cars because there's a family saloon that'll 'maybe/sort of' do the job for less money. Would make more sense than this.

The only person that matters when it comes to "are they any good" and "are they worth it" is the person handing over the cash. Nobody else is in a position to judge. You just can't say that the value gained from a shoe isn't worth it when that person isn't you, that's just nonsense.

For me going back to Walsh's would be bad value for money and buying an inferior product, because I just don't like running in them. Doesn't mean that applies to someone else though does it?
    pies

Quote Originally Posted by shaunaneto View Post
    I think we need a thread intended to slag of executive cars because there's a family saloon that'll 'maybe/sort of' do the job for less money. Would make more sense than this.

The only person that matters when it comes to "are they any good" and "are they worth it" is the person handing over the cash. Nobody else is in a position to judge. You just can't say that the value gained from a shoe isn't worth it when that person isn't you, that's just nonsense.

For me going back to Walsh's would be bad value for money and buying an inferior product, because I just don't like running in them. Doesn't mean that applies to someone else though does it?
    Stop being reasonable... it'll never catch on.
    Geoff Clarke

I love inov-8's.

Oh yes I do, do, do, do..doooooooooooooo!

Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post
    Why do you still buy Inov8 if you're so convinced they're a bag o' shite? I'm no counsellor, but I don't think this is a healthy relationship for you. Stop buying them. Stop whining about them. Move on.
    My thoughts exactly... seems like some weird, masochistic, abuser/victim, Stockholm syndrome type situation going on... either that or just sad, boring, repetitive and attention seeking whining.

Quote Originally Posted by gazb View Post
    Didn't Kenny Stuart et al manage fine with Walshes?
    It would have made no difference to what type of fell shoe Kenny had on, he would still off been the greatest:wink:

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Of course antisocial might be right and everyone else wrong.

However I have met Wayne a few times since he founded his company and his comments about where he planned to take his company were always interesting from a business point of view and his comments about styles, future markets & etc were always perceptive.

I am pleased that he has had the success I hoped he would achieve.
    INOV-8 FOUNDER WINS 2012 ENTREPRENUERIAL AWARD
    10 July 2012
    Ernst & Young has awarded Wayne Edy, founder of inov-8, the prestigious award of ‘Entrepreneur of the Year’ in the ‘Consumer Products and Services 2012’ category for the northern region of the UK.

The award recognises outstanding entrepreneurs who demonstrate excellence and extraordinary success in a number of areas including innovation, strategy, financial performance and social responsibility.
    In 2003, Wayne founded inov-8 Ltd, selling minimalist off-road shoes from the back of his car at trail and fell races. Today, inov-8 has become a leading player in the footwear market, trading in over fifty countries globally, and has leveraged the brands view of performance-focused minimalist products into packs, apparel and other complementary products.
    Turnover has increased year-on-year, and 2011, Wayne cracked the American market, with the f-lite™ becoming a very popular shoe within both Crossfit and functional fitness.
    Describing Wayne as “a true risk taker who gave his all to the business”, the judges recognised the growth Wayne has delivered for the company, with a vision of achieving £100 million turnover per annum within the next three to five years.
    On receiving the award Wayne said “It’s an honour to be recognised as ‘Entrepreneur of the Year’ in the ‘Consumer Products and Services 2012’ category. Since the conception of inov-8, we have focused on delivering exceptional products that meet the very specific needs of our customer base and that challenge the boundaries within our industry. This award recognises that as well as the hard work and determination of all the inov-8 staff. “

Graham
    I agree with you, credit to his achievements. Saying that Adidas have named a shoe after you. It is called the 'Breeze!'

Quote Originally Posted by christopher leigh View Post
    Graham
    I agree with you, credit to his achievements. Saying that Adidas have named a shoe after you. It is called the 'Breeze!'
    Still far too mellow. Come on.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by nikalas View Post
    ... seems like some weird, masochistic, abuser/victim, Stockholm syndrome type situation going on... either that or just sad, boring, repetitive and attention seeking whining.
    I wasn't sure if you'd met Aunt Sally before but it sounds likely you have :thumbup:
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    I wasn't sure if you'd met Aunt Sally before but it sounds likely you have :thumbup:
    He is like his dog. Misunderstood.