Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Guy Fawkes 10

Guy Fawkes 10m

There are still some places left for this run on Sunday if anyone fancies a bit of road run (in the countryside though) to warm up to.

Guy Fawkes 10

Anyone doing this on sunday? Granted it's a road race but should be fun, last year the course was flooded in places and it was chucking it down which was a barrel of laughs. Goody bag afterwards is top notch as well

guy-fawkes-10

Re: Guy Fawkes 10

Yes, i'll be there. It's a big draw for my club and rightly so as it's such a good race. Quite a lot of road but there's some trail as well. The goody bag has in the past has been worth the entry and the effort but that may have suffered in the recession, you never know. Mind you, as fell runners you guys won't understand the concept of a goody bag will you! Have a great run, it's going to pour down as usual...I am using sunday as a sweetner for Guisborough 3 Tops the following week. Really looking forward to that one.

See you there then

Hi Guys

It's a cracking race indeed, and hope it's not as wet as last year, the goody bags are still pretty good and the new t-shirts are pretty cool too

Andy, if it's any wetter than last year I'll be wearing flippers!

Ha I know, still a very good turn out, must be the bulging goody bag really nice setting too
    I'm on car parking duties, sure got messy last year.

Last year the weather was so bad that I had the radio on all morning expecting the cancellation to come and when it didn't I thought I'd go anyway, it's only up the road...when I got to Ripley the car park was packed and EVERYONE had turned out.....

Whatever the weather.....

Oh yes Fairyfeet, it wasn't going to stop the race and it went well considering, have a great run Yorkshire Rob and fairyfeet

Yep me and the other half will be there.

Only entered last minute to get back in the swing of things really and thought it looked like not a bad road race. Not raced in any kinda race for a couple of years now. Not expecting much of myself either as just trying to get back to fitness and been laid low with a bug for the last couple of weeks :thunbdown: so just getting round will be a bonus for me right now

As for the weather I thought it was looking ok for tomorrow. Cloudy with a chance of a shower nothing more and light winds. It's beautiful today though.

Fingers crossed for a good race for everyone :thumbup: