Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Saunders Partner Required

Saunders Partner Required

Due to injury my partner has had to withdraw from the event (this coming weekend - 7 & 8 July); I am, therefore, now in need of a partner for the Bowfell class (comparable to KIMM/OMM 'B' Class) - 08.26 start from Patterdale.

Any interest

Re: Saunders Partner Required

Hi - My partner for the Scafell class has also dipped out (although he has gone off to do the Hebridean Challenge rather than dropped through injury). We did the Bowfell class a couple of years ago and found it ok (5th overall) - so if you still need a partner maybe I could help out?

Search over - I now have a partner for the event

Ok - That means that I am still a partner short for the Scafell class - anybody out there interested in a last minute entry? I was looking to do the event principally for the enjoyment of being out in the hills, with being competetive as a secondary consideration - so post a reply if you want to give it a go - either that or I will be condemmed to trying to do the KLETS!

JoeH
    If you can navigate, go for it mate, i've done all classes with partner but injury forced him out a few years back so i had a go at KLETS. It was great and i'm back again this year.
    See you there

go on go for the Klets. I'm a newbie this year also. I'm really looking forward to testing myself in this solo category.

Me too. What do you reckon the weather will do?

I'm hoping for misty conditions without the heavy rain myself so it will be a decent test without getting too cold. We might get this tomorrow but sunday looks fine and sunny, which I'm sure I'll enjoy even although I'll probably lose a few places.

Well!! Who made it?
    Weather was good, possibly a bit too warm, courses were good with plenty of choices but with the great visibility the faster runners got round nee bother.
    Anyone else still got their nettle rash?

Was in the Kirkfell class and was first time I had done something like that. Maybe should have chosen a lower class but still happy with our results with all things considered.

Great fun and thought saturdays weather was perfect, sunday was a bit warm for my liking. Saturday was left with loads of route choice. Sunday was pretty much a straightforward hike back to base.